Fifty-Four

Liv paced back and forth, trying to resist the urge to slap Thor. His constant fussing, was driving her crazy... 'I'm fine Thor. Look..'.. She turned to him, holding her arms out... 'See? Alive and kicking your ass if you don't chill the fuck out..'

'Forgive me, I just..'.. He sighed, folding his arms... 'I worry for you. This is not the first time it happened..'

'And its not going to be the last. You get that I'm taking in a lot of power, right? So yes, my body is going to crash, but a little bit of rest, and I'm back to normal. We'll, as normal as I can get..'.. She shrugged... 'I need to speak with Strange for a moment. Can you send a message to the others, letting them know we will be back shortly, and I'm starving..'

Thor nodded to her, hesitating before leaving the room. She waited a moment, before turning to Strange... 'I need your help with something, but you cannot tell anyone else. I'm trusting you here, and if you break it, there are severe consequences, for all of us..'

Strange watched her, and for a brief moment, he could've sworn he saw fear in her eyes... 'What do you need?..'

------------------------------------------------------------

Loki and Bucky were both worried about her, but they had decided to remain in their room, distracting each other. Using this moment to take a break, the pair laid on the bed, panting. Bucky on his back, an arm behind his head, and Loki on his from, resting his chin on his arm, across Buckys chest.

'She will be fine love. She is resilient..'.. Loki reassures him, though deep down, he had a sense of dread.

'I know, I know. Its just..'.. Bucky sighed, looking down at Loki... 'Why couldn't we go with her? You know about the stones too, right?..'

'I do, but Thor has more experience with them, than I..'... Loki shifts, moving to sit up against the headboard, and Bucky does the same... 'There is much she cannot tell us, but we must trust, that what she is doing, is the right thing, for all of us..'

'I do trust her. I'm just afraid, thst we'll lose her..'.. Bucky intertwined his fingers with Lokis.

'From the looks of you two, you've had quite the morning..'.. Both look up, seeing her standing at the end of the bed.

'You're back..'.. Loki smiled at her... 'We needed the distraction from our worries pet..'

'Everything go ok?..'.. Bucky asked her.

Liv smirked, and walked to their desk, gripping some papers, throwing them in the air, before waving her hand and making them freeze, a slight green shimmer around them, before making them float back to her other hand.

'I got the power of the time stone. But we do have a problem..'.. She sighed... 'Thor is filling the others in now but..'.. She moves to sit at the end of the bed, looking between them... 'Thanos knows where the soul stone is. He will get to it before I can..'

'Where is it?..'.. Loki shot out of bed, as did Bucky, and she waved her hand, dressing the both.

'Vormir..'.. She stood back up as they came around to her... 'To get the stone, you must lose that which you love. Those were the words of the stones guardian. Thanos plans to sacrifice one of his daughters..'

'Shit. How long does it give us, before he comes here?..'.. Bucky asked, pulling her back to him, and kissing the side of her head.

'We have 3 days. But you all have to do exactly as I say, when I say it. If you hesitate, we will die. Do you understand?..'.. She moved from them, and looked at both in the eyes... 'No matter what is going on around you, no matter if you think the other is in danger, you do what I tell you. You have to trust me..'.. She took one of their hands in hers... 'Do you trust me?..'

'With my life pet..'.. Loki brought her hand to his lips, placing a kiss to it.

'Til the end of the line sweetheart..'.. Bucky kissed her other hand and she nodded.

'Good, not I got to go tell the others what the plan is..'.. She led them from the room, thankful that she could still shield herself from them, so they couldn't enter her mind anymore.

She knew what was coming, she knew what the outcome would be, and the sacrifices that had to be made. Keeping her smile in place, as they entered the main room, she had everyone sit down, and she filled them in, as best she could, without letting them know the truth.

She hated that this would be it. She smiled at Tony, Nat, Vision, Loki, knowing how much she loved each one of them. This would be the end of everything for her, but she would enjoy these last few days with them, keeping the truth to herself.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Strange had used the stone, looking into all possible outcomes for the battle, and he dropped to the floor, shaking his head as exhaustion took over. She had told him what she knew, what she had seen.

Thanos would snap half the universe from existence, and they would return, 5 years later. Well, that's how it was supposed to happen, but from what he just saw, the loss that was to come, was devastating.

Shaking his head again, he got to his feet, ready to make the preparations for the battle. He couldn't intervene or change what was to come, but he could be there, with the rest, fighting along side the Avengers.

😘