Twenty-One

Liv felt him pull her to the edge of the kitchen island, feeling his fingers dig into her hips. His kiss was skilled, slow and sensual that she felt she was melting. She could feel the coolness of his body radiate from him, and her powers were calmed by him.

She didn't know why, nor did she care. It had been so long since a man had touched her intimately, that she couldn't control her desire, her need for him.

His hands slid up, ever so slowly under her shirt, caressing her skin, sending shivers through her body. She felt him hesitate, before pulling back. Opening her eyes, she didn't see the blue of his irises, instead she only saw red. His skin had become a pale blue with markings etched into his skin. Her gaze roamed over him, as he took in his hands.

She heard him inhale sharply, stepping back from her. Liv didn't want him to go, so she locked her legs around him before he got too far away from her. She grabbed his arm and spun him back, facing her.

'Dont hide from me, don't stop. I need you..'.. Loki looked into her eyes, cupping her face. She wasn't afraid of him, instead of fear, he found desire. Unfortunately for them both, her phone rang on the table, pulling them out of their moment.

Liv muttered profanities as she hopped off the island, striding to the table to her phone. Seeing Tony's name pop up, she took a breath before answering... 'Any news Tony?..'.. She turned back to face Loki, seeing his skin return to normal, as well as his eyes. His gaze was on her, watching.

'New intel for the club. I've called Wanda and she's getting ready, but said she can't find Loki. She tried calling him, but his phone was left at theirs. Have you seen him?..'.. Even through the phone she could read Tony.

'Why ask, when you already know the answer. Hang on..'... She shook her head irritated as she put it on speaker... 'We can both hear you. What's the intel?..'.. They heard him clear his throat.

'Theres a charity auction event on this evening at the club, and it's a cover for a deal going down. We need Loki and Wanda to be there, you and Bucky scope the perimeter..'..

Liv sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose... 'I swear Tony, if this is another dead end, I want to meet the informant myself and beat the truth out of them. I'm done being sent on a chase..'

'If it's a dead end, I'll even hold them for you to take the first swing..'.. His words caused her to chuckle, and she hung up. She walked towards Loki, shaking her head.

'We'll talk later. Go get ready, I'll get a hold of Bucky and we'll come to you before you leave for the club to go over everything..'.. She wanted nothing more than to finish what they started, but the mission came first.

He reached out, stroking his thumb across her lips, and gave her a small smile... 'I look forward to that talk..'.. He lifted her chin, leaning in to give her a slow and sensual kiss, before teleporting away.

Liv growled in frustration, trying to calm her emotions. She looked at the phone in her hand, knowing she needed to call Bucky, but she was too wound up. Putting her phone back down on the table, she headed out to the hallway, wanting to have a few minutes alone with her toys, needing to release some tension.

Getting so lost in her thoughts, she didn't hear anyone, but felt herself get hit in the neck. Reaching up, she began to feel woozy, and pulled the small dart out to look at it. Her vision doubled as she swayed on her feet, before she crumpled to the floor.

Footsteps echoed around her, and she tried to focus as a pair of boots stopped in front of her, whoever it was crouched down into her line of sight, and she felt her blood run cold.