Twenty-Six

Bucky watched as Loki stirred, raising his head and blinking away the fog. He smiled, knowing that it was inevitable, watching as Loki stroked her cheek, before realising he wasn't alone with her.

'How is she doing?..'.. Bucky asks, moving from the couch to other chair at the side of her bed.

Loki had told him everything that happened in her mind, and Bucky smiled, hearing what Olivia had said about him, but when Loki mentioned what he heard, her last memory, his blood began to boil, feeling disgusted as to what they wanted to do.

'I take it back, I'm not mad at you for killing Rumlow..'.. He gave Loki a nod... 'But at least we know of their plan, we have to keep her safe...'.. He looked back over to Liv.

'You know there's no romantic feelings between us, right?..'.. He asked, not taking his eyes off her... 'I love her, yeah, she saved me, pulled me and Steve from the water when SHIELD fell that day. Saved me from being locked up, and from Tony, when I told him what I did to his parents..'... He looked back at Loki, smiling... 'I love her, because she has always saved me, she's my guardian angel. I'll never be able to repay her for what she's done for me, but I will always be by her side, no matter what..'

Loki nodded at his words, sighing... 'I can see that. I really did believe she hated me, but was never me, it was what had happened. I will help her to come back to you..'

Bucky chuckled, causing Loki to frown at him... 'Was there anything else you saw in her mind?..'.. Loki was confused at his question, but shook his head.

'Ok, I'll go call Tony and update him with what you found out, and hopefully they have made progress on who the mole is..'.. Bucky stands, heading to the door... 'Do you want anything to eat or drink?..'

'No thank you. I will wait for you to return, before I go back into her mind. Would you ask for her music device, so she can listen to her favourite song?..'.. Loki asks him, and Bucky nods.

'Im sure Wanda would have already packed it, but I'll still ask. Don't leave her alone, I don't trust that someone won't attempt to come for her, as she's unconscious..'... Bucky says, pulling out his phone.

He watches as Loki strokes Liv's hand, his eyes on her face... 'I do not think I could leave her, even if she wanted me to..'.. Though he had said it quietly, Bucky heard it. He smiled, leaving the room to make the call.

------------------------------------------------------------

Wanda met with the others in the main room, dropping Livs bag on the floor by the couch. Though none of them had gotten much sleep, she knew she wouldn't rest until Liv was awake. After everything she had been through, Liv was always there for her, helping and supporting her.

'I have packed everything she will need, and her headphones like Tony asked..'... She smiled across to him in the kitchen.

'Thanks little red. What about you two?..'.. He looks across to Nat and Clint... 'You find anything on Carter?..'

'I tracked her movements and nothing seems out if the ordinary, still can't link her to Hydra except Rumlow...'... Nat sighed, dropping her head into her hands as she sat at the table. Her gut feeling was that Sharon was the mole, as aside from the team, no one else knew of their mission.

'I've got Friday running trace on the encrypted account that paid the informant, but it's pinging to different IPs, every time we get through one firewall. Whoever it is, they're good, but we may catch a break..'.. Tony told them, as he leaned back against the counter... 'Anyone else find anything, because at the moment we got jack shit..'

'what if we call Sharon in?..'.. Sam pipes up, stepping forward... 'Shes Livs friend right? So if we tell her what's happened, bring her to the hospital, into Livs room, Wanda can use her power to read her mind. We can find out the truth if she's a part of it..'

'You know Wilson, you don't get enough credit..'.. Tony nods... 'I agree, it's a good idea..'.. He turns to Wanda... 'Can you do it?..'

'For Liv, yes..'.. Wanda agrees... 'Me and Steve are going to head over to drop the bags off to the others, I'll wait there for her..'

'I'll call her..'... Nat stands up... 'Let me know when you get there, and I'll let you or Bucky know what she says..'

'Good, now the rest of us need to catch up on sleep if we're going to take down Hydra. We'll take shifts, going through all the intel and data we have, maybe we'll find something..'... Tony jerks his head to Bruce, heading to the lab... 'Wilson, Romanoff, Barton, you three rest up first..'

Steve grabs Bucky and Lokis bags, while Wanda picks up Livs... 'I'll call you when we get there Nat..'... The two head out, leaving the others.

'Whats her address? Carter's?..'.. Pietro asks, looking between Nat and Clint... 'While she's at the hospital, I can get into her place, check if there's anything suspicious..'

'I would like to assist you..'.. Vision walks over to Pietro... 'Miss Olivia is a friend, and I wish to help her..'

'I will join you both..'.. Thor holds his hand out and Mjolnir flies into his hand... 'Though we are not of blood, she is family. Hydra may be aware, and it will be best to have another with you..'

Nat agrees to their plan, giving them Sharons address... 'Wait until it's confirmed that she's at the hospital first, before you go in. Be careful, we don't know if she has any security cameras or traps..'

Clint walks over, handing the three of them Comms... 'Stay cautious, and in communications at all times. If you get made, then get out of there fast..'

Sam watched the three leave... 'Is it just me, or does anyone else think that something big is coming? I can't shake this feeling that shit is about to hit the fan..'

'Same here, but for now we haven't got much to go on. Go get some sleep, Tony and Bruce will call for us, if they find anything..'... Clint tells him, and Nat heads to her room, ready to make the call.

------------------------------------------------------------

He watched from the security feed from the hospital, checking the floor and rotation of the security guards. There were two hired guards for her, posted outside of her door. The soldier and the god were still in her room, and so far, none of the other avengers had come back. He sent a message through to his partner, letting them know that this was their chance to get the both of them.

He had a team on standby, ready and waiting for orders, while the helicopter was on its way. Rumlow was an idiot, not having backup, or ensuring than she was sedated enough.

Smirking to himself, he couldn't wait to have them both under his control. Hydra would rule, with the two of them in Hydras possession, they would be unstoppable.

😘