Seven

Standing in the throne room, bound in chains, Loki ground his teeth at his brother's words. He was not, nor would he ever be anyones errand boy. Thor's ridiculous request would never be approved by Odin, though he did give his brother credit for even thinking of having him released from his cell, Loki knew, Odin would never allow him to leave.

'You do hear yourself, do you not?..'... Loki scoffed at Thor, rolling his eyes... 'Until Odin finally dies, I will forever be imprisoned. You have more chance of getting Volstagg in a dress, than him..'... Loki nods to Odin... 'Letting me step foot on Midgard again..'

Thor shook his head at Loki, trying to urge him to remain quiet, though nothing could really shut Loki up... 'The avengers have agreed to have you in their care. Brother, this is your chance to prove you have changed. I know you to be a good man Loki. What better way than to assist them?..'

Loki laughed, holding his chained hands out... 'Do tell me brother, what exactly am I expected to do?..'.. His voice dripping with disdain.

'There are two avengers that have powers, and you can help them to gain control over them..'.. Loki shook his head, laughing mirthlessly.

'Loki, please..'.. His mother's gentle voice cut him off, and he looked up at her, next to the throne where his father was sitting watching them.

'What say you father? I'm surprised to even be in your presence, let alone that it is even considered, that I'll set foot there again..'... He raised an eyebrow at the allfather.

Odin watched his sons, contemplating Thors request. He did not wish for Loki to remain in a cell for the rest of his life, but if this was a chance to redeem himself, then he would allow it, only with conditions... 'My son..'.. He turned his gaze to Thor... 'He will be in your care. Heimdall will be watching over you..'

Loki rocked back on his feet, speechless. Of all the things his father could say, that was not what he was expecting. He looked between his parents and his brother, wondering if this was all a ploy... 'Am I hearing correctly, you..'.. He looked at Odin... 'Are allowing me to leave?..'

'Loki..'... Thors tone came as a warning... 'Do not push this. The alternative is a far worse fate..'

Odin stood, coming down the steps with Frigga, standing before his sons... 'This is your only chance Loki, do not take it lightly. You will be in Thors care. You will not leave to do as you wish, nor will you cause any more death and destruction..'.. He gestured for a guard to come forward and release Loki.

'I can and will strip you of your magic, and banish you to another realm, one that will not be as kind to you, as Midgard..'.. Loki fought to not say anything, as the guard released the chains from around his wrists and ankles. Once they were removed, he could feel his magic within him again.

'Very well..'.. He sighed in defeat... 'When do we leave brother?..'.. He asks, turning to Thor. His brother clapped him on the back with such force, he stumbled forward a step.

'Soon. If there is anything you wish to take with you, I suggest you pack..'... Thor grinned at him, and then he remembered, that there would be one in particular, that would not be happy to see him... 'Uh, I must warn you brother..'.. Thors eyes darted to his parents, then back to Loki... 'Do you remember the last time you were there?..'

Loki did not wish to remember such a thing. Though he never openly admitted it, he felt remorse for his actions, even if they were not truly his own. The titan had control over him through the scepter, making him do the terrible things... 'Is there a reason you ask?..'

'Well, there was a woman, who you uh..'.. Thor cleared his throat, bouncing Mjolnir in his hand... 'That you threw from the tower. She had hold of the tesseract..'

Loki frowned, remembering that day. He had remembered his actions to the woman, but he could not remember her face... 'I know brother, I killed her and so many others. You do not need to remind me..'... Loki gritted out at him, trying to placate his anger.

'She did not die Loki. Shes alive..'.. Thor picked up on Lokis tone, reassuring him.

'How in the name of the gods did she survive that?..'.. Loki asked, bewildered. No human could ever survive a fall like that, she would have died the moment she hit the ground. Loki winced at the thought, feeling guilt for his actions.

'She gained power from the tesseract. We are not quite sure as to how it was possible, but she hit the ground, with no injuries. Since then she has become a part of the team..'.. Thor sighed, running his free hand through his hair.

'There is clearly more to it brother, do spit it out..'.. Loki huffed, folding his arms.

'She blames you for it all..'.. Loki wasn't surprised in the slightest, he blamed himself for it too... 'When she gets angry, she has no control over her powers. Believe me brother, even Hulk is afraid of her wrath..'... Thor gave him a pointed look, and Loki felt a cold sense of dread.

'If she hates me as much, then why am I being summoned? Surely having me there would only anger her more..'... Loki shook his head, wondering if he should just return to his cell.

'Loki..'.. He turned to his mother, who have him a soft smile. She comes to stand in front of him, taking his hands in hers... 'If her powers come from the tesseract, then there is no one better to teach her control over them, than you. Yes, she may be angry, but also, she may be afraid..'.. She chuckled slightly... 'You have quite the stubborn streak in you, I'm sure you will not give up..'

Loki knew what his mother was really saying, do not let her anger dissuade him from the task... 'Very well..'.. He stepped back, nodding at his father before striding from the room... 'I will meet you at the bifrost in one hour Thor..'

Once he had gone, Odin looked to his wife, seeing her eyes twinkling. She had told him of what she had seen of Loki that morning, and it was the only reason he was allowing his son to leave... 'Be watchful my son, Loki will not accept the task so easily, and neither will she..'

Thor frowned at his father's words, looking between the two of them... 'Is there something I should know?..'.. The slight smiles on their faces, as they glance at one another, told Thor that there was definitely more to this than he knew. Thinking of Olivia on Midgard, and turning to the doors his brother just left through, he had a feeling that this was going to be trouble.

😘