Twelve

Loki looked over himself in the mirror, rolling his eyes. To his surprise, Natasha had spoken with him in a friendly manner, suggesting that he blend in more, as an attempt to not terrify others. His asgardian attire would remind people of his past actions, and if he really did wish to change, perhaps wear human clothing while he was there.

He looked over himself, finding that the clothes were actually comfortable. Black trousers and shoes, with an emerald green shirt, his sleeves rolled up halfway. He looked at his hair in the mirror, and decided to alter it too. Waving his hand, gone was his raven black hair, and instead it was a sandy blonde colour, short and styled.

He gave himself an approving look before leaving his room. He didn't want to change who he was for anyone, but if it would make his time on Midgard more tolerable, then for now it would do.

Loki knew that he would be training after dinner with the witch, he just had to keep reminding himself, that she was not as strong as he with her magic, and to not allow harm to come to her.

'Uh, wow..'.. He snapped out of his thoughts, as he entered the main room, seeing Natasha sat on one of the couches with Wanda, both looking shocked... 'Loki, you look great..'.. Natasha smiled at him, and he felt his own lips quirk at her compliment.

'Thank you..'.. He glanced down at himself, then back to the women... 'I took your advice, you were right..'.. He heard cutlery clatter against a dish over at the table... 'What I was wearing before was not appropriate for Midgard, nor do I wish to remind others of what I was. Does this fit to everyone's liking?..'..He held his arms out, looking around at the room at the others.

'Brother, you look good, very good. Though I notice your hair is the same colour as mine..'... Loki rolled his eyes, heading to the table to sit and eat.

'I made lasagna, salad and garlic bread. Help yourself..'.. Pepper smiled at him, gesturing to the food on the counter behind her. He nodded his thanks, and dished himself up some food.

'Not sure he can eat garlic bread. Vampires don't like garlic, do they..'.. He took a deep breath, ignoring her comment, and sat down opposite his brother. She was two seats down from Thor, sitting next to the one called Bucky, on her other side.

'This is delicious, thank you Pepper..'... He gave the woman a smile as he ate, and he heard Olivia snort at his words.

'Yeah, I'm not doing this..'.. He watched as she pushed her chair back, standing up and walking from the room... 'Motherfucking, arrogant piece of shit prick..'... She shouted as she left.

Tony tensed and looked down the table to Bucky who nodded at left to go after her. He shook his head, worrying about how she was handling it... 'Ok so..'.. He pushed his plate away... 'Loki will be training with Wanda, so that room will be theirs for the time being. Everyone else can use the gym for now if you want to train. Cap, got a mission for you. Wilson, Barnes, Pietro and Romanoff too. Briefing in 30, meeting room 2..'

Tony stood, grabbing his plate and coming around to grab Buckys and Liv's too. He noticed that she had barely eaten, and he'd take her something after the meeting.

------------------------------------------------------------

Liv headed for the gym, knowing that they'd be in there soon. She didn't care that her hands were not wrapped, as she began to put all her anger into her hits. She knew Bucky was behind her and she didn't care, she needed to let it all out, without it taking over her.

'If you so much as say anything right now..'.. She grunted out with each punch.

'Im not. I'm just getting the kit ready is all. I know you Liv, and I saw that you didn't really touch your food. You need to talk to me, you promised you would..'... He went to the locker at the end of the room, grabbing the first aid kit for her, when she was finished.

'I got too drunk and told Steve and Nat. I'm sure they've probably told others, and I could just feel the looks on me...'... She could feel the power in her hands, as they began to glow... 'I don't want pity, I don't want sympathy. I just want him gone!..'.. She blasted the bag with her power, making it explode and sending sand everywhere.

She stumbled back, and he caught her, guiding her to a bench to sit so he could clean her hands up... 'Tony will send him back if it's what you really want..'

Liv sighed, not looking at him, as he cleaned her knuckles. She hissed in pain from the rubbing alcohol... 'No, as much as I don't want him here, Wanda does need to train her powers. I know if there were any other options, then he wouldn't be here..'.. She sniffled, using the sleeve of her hoodie to wipe her face... 'I can handle it. The soon her teaches her control, the sooner he can fuck off back to Asgard..'

Bucky glanced up at her, knowing the real truth of it all. Though he wouldn't say anything as Tony had cameras everywhere, except their rooms, Bucky knew better than to mention her reasons... 'All done. Though I don't think you should be hitting any more bags without wrapping your hands first..'

'Sargent Barnes, boss has a mission you are required for. Briefing in 10 minutes, meeting room 2. Tempest, boss would like you to join him in his office in one hour..'..

Liv sighed, as she looked at Bucky... 'Go, I'm just gonna go back to my room and binge watch Supernatural, eat my body weight in junk food, and cry over the fact that I can't have Jensen Ackles..'

Bucky pulled her in for a hug, rubbing her back... 'As long as it's not Fringe, then fine..'.. He heard her chuckle as he pulled back. He stood, heading for the door, before looking back at her one more time. He headed out, and up to the meeting room. He was worried for her, but he knew her well enough, that she was actually ok.

------------------------------------------------------------

Liv teleported back to her room, to change into her 'moping' outfit as Bucky called it. Pulling on her comfy shorts and her Toothless hoodie, she slipped her feet into her thick black slipper booties. Slipping her headphones on, and putting her favourite Guns and Roses song, she then teleported to the kitchen to load up on junk food, singing along. If she was still hungry later, she'd head out for burgers.

She could tell HE was there, watching her and she didn't care. Having her hood up made it easier for her to not have to look around.

'She's got eyes of the bluest skies
As if they thought of rain
I'd hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain
Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place
Where as a child I'd hide
And pray for the thunder and the rain to quietly pass me by..'..

Loki stood, watching her as she filled up a bag, while singing. Her voice was beautiful, but he could hear the sadness and pain in her as she sang. He wanted to know, if what she said was true, was he the reason she had nightmares. He saw her grab another item, before disappearing again, and he let out the breath, he didn't realise he was holding. Clearing his throat, he looked back to Wanda, and gestured to the door... 'Shall we? I do not know the way, if you could show me..'

Wanda forced herself not to smile as she stood up, and led Loki down to the training room. She saw him watch Liv, and she saw into his mind, hearing his thoughts. Though she had never been able to get into Liv's head, she did see a moment, which she guessed was when they first met.

Turning down the hallway, she glanced to Loki, seeing he was deep in thought... 'So, what will we work on first?..'.. She saw a flash of something from him, and she took a breath, feeling her heart ache for Liv. She knew how her and Loki had met before, but seeing it play out, she now understood why Liv didn't want him here.

'We shall test your powers first, and see what we can do to push your limits, and strengthen your will..'.. He gave her a smile, and held the door open for her. Wanda just hoped, that this wouldn't come crashing down around them.

😘