Ten

Liv dragged herself out of bed, and headed for the kitchen. She had seriously over done it on the alcohol, and her hangover made her feel wretched. She didn't care as to how she was dressed, her black lace mini short underwear, and one of Buckys t-shirts. She was always walking around like this in the mornings and the team had gotten used to it.

Yawing and running her hands through her tangled mess of hair, she twisted it up, using the hair elastic on her wrist to hold it in pace, atop of her head.

Coming through the main room, she took no notice of anyone there, all she wanted was coffee, lots and lots of coffee and a steaming hot shower. Turning the coffee maker on, she reached into the cupboard, and pulled out her cup, it was childish, a picture of her on one side, with the words 'baddest bitch in the world' on it, courtesy of Bucky last year.

Yawning again, she felt a prickling sensation rush over her skin, and she spun, throwing her hands out. It was only when she heard a grunt, drawing her attention did she laugh, and turn back to what she was doing.

'Lesson one Loser, don't ever creep up on me..'... She poured herself a cup, and moved to sit on a couch, as he got to his feet... 'Number two is don't ever interrupt me when I'm singing, three don't ever think you are worth my time..'... She sipped her coffee, as he glared at her... 'I will never train with you. Might as well pack your shit and fuck off back to your cell on Asgard...'

Loki seethed, wanting nothing more than to drive his dagger through her. He had never hated anyone, not even his father as much as this mortal. His hand twitched, as if he actually held a blade in his hand... 'You will not disre-..'

His words were cut off, when she had smirked at him, before disappearing. He growled out in frustration.

'Oh, Loki. I see you are free from the cell. How was your evening?..'.. Loki took a breath, before turning to his brother, who was currently, making some sort of meal in the kitchen.

'I didn't hear you come in. Since when are you ever quiet with your steps..'... He snarked, coming to stand by the breakfast bar, his brother was at.

'Im sure you were more interested in what Lady Olivia had to say, than my presence brother..'.. Thor slid him a plate across, as he continued what he was doing.

'What is this?..'.. Loki looked at the food before him with disgust, picking up the plate to examine it.

'They're called bagels Loki, and that's cream cheese on top. Try it, it's delicious..'.. Loki didn't know what surprised him more, the fact that his own brother made him something to eat or the fact that he was right, it was delicious. He ate the two his brother had plated up for him, and then placed the dish in the sink to wash it, before he put it to the side.

Thor hid his surprise well, at Loki actually eating something he made, and the fact he had washed his own plate. Thor didn't know if Loki was aware of what he did, but seeing how angry Loki was when he came in the room, Thor wondered if his brother's mind was somewhere else.

'Wanda is resting from last nights festivities. She will train with you this evening. She was quite excited at the prospect of expanding her powers. She did quite well in the battle a few weeks ago..'.. Thor finished his, and washed his plate too.

Loki snapped out of his thoughts as he listened to what Thor had said... 'It would seem she is the only one..'.. Loki rolled his eyes, sitting at the table. Thor quickly made himself a coffee and a tea for Loki, sitting with him.

'The fact that you are here, and aside from Olivia, everyone else has no issue with you being here, to train with them. Surely you can see that?..'... Thor slid over the tea.

'What is wrong with you brother?..'.. Loki looked down at the cup and then back to Thor... 'You've taken to being midgardian, domesticated..'... He picked up the tea, and sniffed at it, causing Thor to chuckle.

'Olivia has taught me well. She informed me that I am a part of this team, this family, and I cannot expect others to do everything for me, so she showed me how to cook, do my own laundry, how to use the technology..'... Thor pulled out a phone and showed him... 'I have this thing called a Twitter, and I have many who do the tweeting back at me..'... He grinned proudly.

Loki rolled his eyes, drinking the tea. He hesitated before swallowing, it was delicious, another thing he had not expected... 'Should I expect this treatment from you when we return to Asgard?..'

'If you wish it, then I will. You are my brother Loki, I know you to be a good man. What has happened in the past, we can move on from it. The team are giving you a chance, as are mother and Father, do not waste it..'.. He finished his drink and stood, heading to wash his cup... 'Olivia may take some time, but I do recommend that you do not push her. I will come find you later..'

Loki watched as Thor headed for the living quarters... 'And what do you propose I do without you watching me?..'

'Get to know the team, find a hobby..'.. Thor turned to him with a smile... 'You like to draw, may I suggest you head to the roof? There are some wonderful views from up there..'.. He turned back, heading to his room.

Loki sighed, wondering if the others were actually giving him a chance. Did they trust him, or was it just a ruse as they needed him, he did not know.

'Morning trouble. What's got you looking all gloomy?..'.. Lokis head came up, and he saw Stark walk in, with a woman. She was beautiful, and clearly his... 'Oh, this is Pepper..'.. He gestured to her as he made them both a drink. She waved at him with a smile, and he absently did the same.

'We heard what Liv did, I hope you didn't find it uncomfortable..'.. Pepper said as she came to sit at the table, still being friendly. Loki was not used to such politeness.

'It was fine. I understand her anger, and it was my fault..'.. Tony was surprised at his admission, but he didn't say anything as he came and sat with them... 'Though I was not in control, I still did those things..'

'What do you mean, you wasn't in control?..'.. Lokis eyes snapped to Starks, and he hesitated. He had not meant to admit that aloud.

'It does not matter, it was still my fault...'.. Loki stood, and headed to the kitchen. He stopped and turned back, not wanting to say it, but he did anyway... 'Though it does not make up for my actions, I am sorry..'.. He quickly washed his cup and left as fast as he could.

Tony looked over to Pepper next to him... 'I'm not hearing things, right? He apologised?..'.. Tony wasn't expecting Loki to have actually changed but the fact he did apologise, Tony gave him a little thread of respect.

'He did, and he washed his cup..'.. Pepper looks over to it and back... 'Maybe Thor is right, maybe Loki has changed..'... Tony shook his head, still not quite believing as to what just happened.

'Friday, save all of that, that's just happened. I'll need it as proof I wasn't dreaming..'.. He'd show it to the others later, maybe a chance was all he needed. Tony thought it over, they all had a past, everyone of them had blood on their hands in some way, maybe Loki had a shot of redemption, but Tony would still keep his guard up for now.

😘