Twenty

It had been a week since they arrived on their mission, and Liv had built up profiles for everyone they had met. She tapped her pen to the paper in front if her, feeling as though she was missing something. So far, there was no evidence to suggest that anything was going on with their neighbours or at the club. She wondered if the original information was correct, or maybe they were just sent on a wild goose chase.

Dropping her pen, she sat back in her chair, staring off into space. For the past week, since Loki had been in her head, she hadn't has a single nightmare. She didn't know why, and the not knowing, was making her even more agitated than usual.

'Hey, you ok?..'.. She looked up, seeing Bucky standing by the kitchen island, watching her.

'Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry, its just..'.. She gestured to the files she had created... 'None of this feels right to me. Its too quiet, and nothing is adding up..'

'Glad I'm not the only one to think so..'.. He made them both a coffee, coming to sit at the table with her... 'Loki and Wanda both said the same thing. They've made quite an impression at the club, but they read everyone there. The members, the staff, even the guests that have been there, they found nothing..'

She sipped her coffee, thinking it over... 'We'll still wait it out. We got another three weeks here, and if we still don't find anything, we go back. I'll ask Tony to double check the intel he had..'

Bucky finished his coffee and stood... 'I'll head to that bar again. Maybe I can get someone drunk enough to talk..'.. Liv chuckled at him.

'That's not fair to them, you can't get drunk unless it's that shit Thor has..'.. She watched him put his cup in the sink, them came over to kiss her on the head... 'If you find anything, call me..'

'Will do..'.. She called after him, as he headed to the door.

------------------------------------------------------------

Loki watched as Bucky left, getting into his car and driving off. For the past week, he hadn't been able to dream of anything else, but her. She plagued his dreams his thoughts and his emotions. He didn't like how the mission was going, it was too quiet. Nothing they had found, showed that there was anything nefarious going on in the club.

Casting an illusion of Bucky over himself, he headed to their house. Finding the door unlocked, he walked in, hearing her singing coming from the kitchen. He slowly made his way there, stopping in the doorway, at the sight of her. She was wearing a shirt that wasn't hers that barely covered her rear, while she was at the sink. His whole body felt tight, seeing her sway her hips to the song she sung.

'Dear future husband
Here's a few things you'll need to know if you wanna be
My one and only all my life
Dear future husband
If you wanna get that special lovin'
Tell me I'm beautiful each and every night..'..

He didn't realise he had stepped closer to her, until she spun, gasping in shock... 'Fuck me buttercup. What are you doing sneaking up on me like that for..'.. She put a hand to her chest, and the water from he hand, left a watermark... 'I thought you were going to the bar?..'

Loki snapped out of his thoughts, trying to make sure she didn't know... 'I was, but I got worried about leaving you alone..'

He watched her sigh, grabbing a towel to dry her hands... 'Buck, I love you, but I'm a grown woman, I'm perfectly fine being alone. If you're going to stay, you can help me go through the files again, we're definitely missing something..'