Forty-Three

Tony watched the footage of a woman and two men, tearing through a club, killing people. He knew that this was Liv, Loki and Bucky. Though there were no powers used, he was 100% certain it was them. He didn't know what was going on, but this behaviour, the way they killed, it was ruthless.

It was only specific targets, considering the club was a cover for Hydra meetings, he guessed that those killed, were hydra themselves. He let out a breath, pausing the footage.

It had been 6 months since they had left to fight Hydra around the world, and 2 months since they had last visited the compound. Even then, he knew something was off. All three were acting different, looked different. Liv was no longer the sweet, kind woman he used to know. Instead she was rude, arrogant, and harsh. Even how she dressed was a stark contrast to what she used to wear.

All three arrived back two months ago, dressed in black. Liv had gotten more tattoos, her nose pierced. Her hair was now black, and she had worn a tailored suit, with a blue shirt. Bucky and Loki were in suits too, Lokis with a green shirt, and Bucky with white. The two men stayed close to her, as if guarding, territorial.

Tony knew something was up, when he first saw them, but it was when a fight broke out with Steve that night, confirmed his worries. Something, or someone had control over the three. They moved in sync with each other, as if knowing what the other was thinking. Their relationship was clear, in the way they constantly had to be in touching distance.

Thor had even returned home a few times, for help from one called Heimdall, who could see everything, except them. The last time he saw them, they had gone out for dinner, and the next morning, they had disappeared from his sight. Thor said his parents did not know what was going on, but he confided in Tony, that he did not believe his mother or father.

Thor had been gone for a week, back to Asgard, to try and find anything as to what was happening to his brother, and the other two.

'You need a break..'.. He heard Romanoff behind him, and he sighed, shaking his head... 'We'll find them Tony, I know we will..'

'I don't think so. They're constantly changing their appearance, so right now, they could be anyone, anywhere..'.. He dropped his head into his hands... 'This is all my fault..'

'No it's not...'.. He heard her move, coming to his side... 'Why would you think that?..'.. She nudged his chair, and he looked up at her, and she gave him a small smile.

He sat back in his seat, gesturing to his screen... 'Because I let her go. I let her leave with them. I just know, that what's happening, it isn't them. Barnes worked too damn hard to prove he wasn't the soldier. Loki, he tried to show that he had changed and this, this isn't Liv..'

'If this isn't Liv, what is she?..'.. Nat asked, turning her head to look at the screen next to her.

'Good, she's a good person. She would ne-..'.. His words were cut off, as she ducked and kissed him hard, moving to climb onto his lap. He tried to shove her off, but she had a hold on his wrists, pinning them down. He didn't kiss back, as he tried to pull his head away.

'Aw, break a girls heart why don't you..'.. She pulled back, a sly smile on her lips, and a dark look in her eyes, as she stayed in his lap, holding his hands down at his sides. He watched her eyes, and it hit him.

'Liv..'.. She bit her lip and giggled.

'The one and only. Did you miss me? Hearing all those sweet little things coming from your lips..'.. She let go of his hands, and cupped his face, her thumb stroking his lips... 'I just had to taste them..'.. He scoffed in disgust and shoved her off. She only giggled more as she moved to the side.

'Mm, kinky, I like..'.. She licked her lips at him... 'You can stop trying to find us, you won't win..'.. She drummed her nails on his desk, as she leaned against it, watching him as he got up, moving to pour himself a large glass of bourbon.

'Kinda hurt over here. You act like you hate me, when I haven't done anything wrong to you..'.. She pouted.

'I hate what you've become. This isn't you Liv, any of you..'.. He took a large mouthful, glancing over at her, and still seeing Nat... 'Whatever you're doing, drop that..'.. He waved a hand at her, and she raised hers in surrender, and removed a ring from her right hand, putting it in her pocket.

'Always did think if you preferred me..'.. She shuffled into the edge of his desk, opening her legs wider... 'I bet you'd prefer this, right?..'.

He stormed over and gripped her arms, making her stand up... 'Stop it! This isn't you. What happened Liv? What changed you?..'

She pulled away from him, and moved to pour herself a drink... 'This is me. This has always been me..'.. She smiled over at him... 'Im free, we all are. No more pain, no worries, no mortal chains binding us to our past. We've..'.. She waved her hand, trying to find the word... 'Expanded our minds, accepted our fates..'.. She hummed as she poured a large glass, and drank it down in one.

Tony watched as she poured another glass, filling it right up... 'That doesn't sound like you talking Liv..'.. She laughed at him, before drinking the glass down again, and pouring another. He wondered as to what the hell she was doing.

'Ah, such a genius you are Stark. If that's what you want to believe, than accept who I really am, that's a you problem..'.. She drank the third glass, and he saw her sway slightly, and she giggled again... 'You think you have any right to tell me, what to do?..'.. A fourth glass was filled, and she had almost the entire bottle... 'I. Am. Powerful..'.. She slammed the fourth glass back, and hiccupped, staring at it in her hand... 'What are you doing?..'

Tony watched as she swayed, as if talking to herself, before she dropped to the floor. He rushed to her side, rolling her onto her back, and checking her over... 'Tony, help me, help us. He-hes..'.. Her eyes rolled in her head... 'The titan controls us..'.. She passed out, and Tony had no idea what to do.

He knew something was wrong with them, and now he has proof.... 'Friday! Call the team, now! Get them here fast..'.. He moved to pick her up in his arms and stood, moving to one of the empty work stations and placing her in it. If what she said was true, that she was controlled, then he didn't have long before she'd wake up... 'Friday, run scans now. I want to see her brain activity..'..

Tony stepped back, as the scans started, focusing on her head. A projection of her brain appeared to his left, and he watched it, seeing it light up. This was not good, her pre frontal cortex was lit up like Vegas, as though it was working over time.

He ran a hand over his face, as Bruce rushed in, and saw Liv on the station, and Tony at the hologram... 'Whats going on? How is she here?..'.. Tony turned as Bruce pointed at her, and she disappeared.

The rest of the team came in, all looking confused... 'Tony, what's going on? Friday said it was urgent. Liv was here?..'.. Nat looked around the lab, and Tony pointed a finger at her.

'Where have you been this last half hour?..'.. He kept his arm raised, as a warning to stay back.

'Me and Steve were in the middle of sex when Friday interrupted..'.. She folded her arms, giving him a look.

Tony let out a breath, dropping his arm... 'Ok, sorry, just had to check..'.. He glanced back at the hologram, and told the team everything that had happened, and had Friday show them. He had no idea as to who the titan was, but he was going to find out, whatever it takes.

😘