Thirty-Six

Loki remained 'unconscious' in his illusion. Her plan was absolutely crazy, but he did trust her. He had created the illusion of them both getting shot, and then they dropped to the floor in their pretense. With him leaning against her, she had given him access into her mind, so they could continue their talk, but also listen.

'How can you believe for a moment that this was a good idea?..'.. He paced about in her mind, while she folded her arms, glaring at him.

'Can we save the whole scolding until later. Did you get what I was saying, or should I go through it again?..'.. She rolled her eyes at him.

'Why did you not inform us, you remember? Do you have any idea how worried Barnes and I were for you?..'.. Liv gripped his arm to stop him pacing.

'Will you please just fucking listen!..'.. He stopped, facing her and he sighed.

'Im sorry, you were saying?..'.. He took her hands in his.

'I got access to the government systems, putting into files, that I have amnesia, and was unable to remember, but was only going by what little information I was given by the team and that the doctors didn't think I'd ever regain my memories. I had Clint's wife in the compound, running the trackers and setting up the safety protocols to protect the others. I couldn't have them interfere..'.. She told him, feeling his thumb stroke her hands.

'Hydra need to think that they have me and Bucky, and that they will have control over us. I will need you to cast an illusion that we're in the chairs, getting our minds wiped, doing as they want, while I take down their systems from the inside..'.. She took a deep breath... 'If they order for me and Bucky to, you know, make our illusions do it. They have to believe it's real. Laura is ready with a rocket launcher to take down the base, and Clint is set right now, following our movements, Friday is keeping him updated. He's the lookout..'

Loki shook his head, amazed at her... 'You are always putting the others first. Why did you not seek our help?..'

Liv pulled back, running a hand through her hair... 'Do you not remember the shouting match me and Tony had? You think I will be able to focus on this mission, with so many of them at risk? Laura and Clint are on the outside, so they wouldn't be noticed. They didn't stop me, tell me I was stupid or lied to me..'.. She shook her head... 'They believe in me, trust me and support me in this. Do you honestly think the others would feel the same?..'

He thought about it and no, they wouldn't... 'I truly hope this works..'... He cupped her face, giving her a gentle kiss... 'Im sure we have a conversation we have to finish..'.. He smirked at her.

'I know I know..'.. She leaned her head against his chest... 'Lets get ready. If you need to talk to me, remember, I have a spare comm in my right ear, take it when you get the chance..'

He kissed her forehead, and pulled out of her mind. He was thankful his illusion of him being Bucky was still going. If this was going to work, he really needed to play the soldier well. He was glad of his friendship with Bucky, he now knew more of his part as the soldier, and hoped it was enough to fool Hydra.

They both remained 'unconscious' as the vehicle came to a stop. Liv focused on her surroundings, listening, smelling and tasting the air. She hoped that Friday was still tracking them, and she heard Clints low voice in her ear... 'I see you, so does Laura. We're in position..'

She fought the smile, as she heard Sharon get out, and then the door next to her opened. Someone grabbed her harshly, and she was thrown over their shoulder... 'Take them inside, get ready to cross.'.. She heard Sharon call out. Oh, she absolutely hated the bitch and couldn't wait to rip her spine out herself.

Being over someone's shoulder, gave her the advantage of peeking at their location, and she cursed herself. They were heading into the Governors island ferry, going to cross over. This was one scenario she had kinda planned for, but expected Ellis Island instead.

'Liv, we still got you. We'll follow behind, but you may need to keep it up until I tell you..'..

She felt herself get dropped to the ground, and she forced herself not to make a sound, peeking ever so slightly, she noticed Loki was close by, but not enough that they were touching. She needed to tell him, but couldn't give it away. Liv waited until the boat began to move, hearing the voices and footsteps around her.

She had to alter her plan, as she needed to let Loki know. Taking a breath, she pushed her power through the boat, causing it to rock, hard in the river as a distraction, and her body slid closer to Loki. she shifted a little more, so her leg was touching his, and pulled him into her mind.

------------------------------------------------------------

Loki looked around, and let out a breath of relief that she was there... 'I take it there is a problem..'

'We're going to a different location than I anticipated, but I already had a plan in place should this have happened. We just need to play along, for a little while longer, so Clint and Laura can follow. I promise I won't let anything happen to you..'.. She cupped his face, kissing him lightly... 'If you want to pull out of the mission, I won't blame you..'

Loki held her waist, shaking his head... 'I will not leave you. I need that communication device from you also. We will tear them down darling, do not worry..'

Liv nodded and he pulled from her mind. She peeked around again, listening to the others in the ferry. She knew she only had seconds, so shifting her body, moving her bound hands from behind her back, down to her feet and to her front, she pulled a comm from hear, and slipped it into Lokis, his eyes opened slightly and he nodded at her.

Liv manoeuvred her hands to behind her back again, feigning 'unconscious'. She hoped no one noticed, knowing that in a few more minutes, they would be on the island.

'Laura and I are moving position. We're enroute to the Carey tunnel. We're going to take the ventilation building above the tunnel. Laura is working on cover for the tunnel being closed for the next two hours. It'll take us 15 to get underneath it, but another 20 to get in position..'..

'We copy..'.. She whispered, hoping she was heard. The ferry soon docked, and footsteps came closer to her, and rough hands pulled her up again, and she was thrown over another shoulder. Liv was getting fed up of being tossed around like a sack of potatoes.

She kept up her act, counting the steps and directions as to which way they were going. It didn't take long, until Sharon called out to someone... 'Now, let's get our guests comfy, shall we?..'

She felt herself get thrown into a chair, and her arms, legs and chest were bound to it. Liv fought a smirk, as she felt the shiver of Lokis magic over her. She hoped he was following, as she teleported to the corner of the room, feeling Lokis hand slip into hers. The two of them watched, as their illusions remained 'unconscious'.

'As long as no one renders me unconscious, the illusions will stay. Go darling, it's time to play cat and mouse..'.. He whispered close to her ear, causing her to shiver. She turned her head, seeing the wicked gleam in his eyes, and she grinned.

'Dont let her die, she's Buckys..'.. She whispered back, as she slipped her hands into his jacket, to his back and pulled his daggers... 'Im keeping these..'.. And she teleported away.

Loki kept himself shrouded, as he entertained Carter with the screams from his illusions, as the machines were thrown on, to wipe the memories. His rage couarsed through him, even though he knew it was not real, the thought that this could happen to Liv and Bucky, he wanted nothing more than to rip every single one of them apart. He had to keep reminding himself, that she had her plan, and if it went correctly, then Hydra would not come her her or Barnes again.

😘