Sixteen

⚠️ Trigger warning: mentions child loss⚠️

*Dream*

Loki watched her rush through the door, back into the tower, and down the stairs. It was as though he could feel her emotions, hear her thoughts as she moved. He stayed close to her, knowing she couldn't see him, and she burst out onto the main floor, rushing to the platform outside. He heard a gunshot, she cried out, hitting the floor, and dropping her own gun, to hold onto the cube.

'Now now, that does not belong to you..'.. Loki turned, seeing himself stalk towards her, as though she were his prey. He looked back at her, seeing her tighten her hold on the cube, forcing herself to stand up, but she didn't turn.

'I must commend you on your determination pet, but you will fail..'..

Loki remembered this moment, a part of him was impressed that she pushed herself to keep going. The bullet that was just shot, had hit her in the back of the shoulder and he could see it was bleeding and a small cry that burst from her, causing her to stumble into a window.

'I'll take it back, whether you're alive or dead darling, the choice is yours..'..

He heard her grit her teeth, and turn, leaning against the window behind her for support. Loki watched as her eyes fell on the nightmare version of him, and her thoughts echoed around the room as her breath stopped for a moment. He heard her compassion, that she knew he wasn't willingly doing this. Loki couldn't take his eyes from her, as he felt a heaviness in him, knowing what was coming. Her gaze roamed over the old him, and Loki felt another sensation, one that took him by surprise, and heard her reprimanded herself.

Loki wanted nothing more than to change the past, for what he had done, watching the old him stepping closer to her, and place the scepter to her chest. Loki frowned, he had forgotten that it didn't work on her, perhaps it was because she held the tesseract.

'Go to hell asshole..'... She raised her leg, kicking 'old' him hard in the stomach that he stumbled back a step, and he dropped the scepter. She didn't move fast enough, as his hand came up, gripping her by the throat, and pulling her close.

'I will not be spoken to in such a manner. Midgard is mine to rule, and you will bow before your king..'.. He reached for the cube, feeling her tighten her grasp on it. She struggled to breathe, as he squeezed harder. She  eventually let it go, and Loki let out a breath, hating how he had acted towards her.

A triumphant smile graces his lips, as he held it out for one of his men to take it it. They hold out the case and 'old' him drops it in, and the man turned, heading back to the elevator.

'You falied to save them, you failed to protect every one you love. You should have run. You chose to stay, it's your fault they're gone. Such a waste..'.. He smirked at her, still holding her throat tight, as other men appeared, and shot every one of the team, her family dead.

'For a god..'.. She choked out... 'You're a pathetic piece of shit..'.. She smirked at him... 'Loki the loser..'

Loki heard the 'old' him growl, and then he threw her back, hard. The glass shattered behind her, and her body free falling to the world below. Even from where he was, he heard her thoughts.

------------------------------------------------------------

Loki pulled out of her nightmare, and shorouded himself, teleporting instantly from her room, to his. He fell to his knees, feeling all her pain still radiate through him. She had every right to hate him, every right to want to kill him, he was a monster, and deserved whatever she wanted to do to him.

He felt tears slip from his eyes, as he rocked back on his knees, replaying that moment. He hated himself, for being so weak and doing as the titan wanted, he was everything, every name she had ever called him. He knew he couldn't stay here any more, he wouldn't allow himself to.

He wiped a hand over his face, and got to his feet, feeling a little unsteady. Taking a deep breath, he turned to his bed, when he felt his body get thrown across his room.

'What the fuck were you doing in my head!..'.. He coughed out, ignoring the pain to his ribs as he got to his feet again. He looked over, seeing her stood there, fire burning in her eyes, her whole body glowing.

'I won't fight back. What ever you fell you must do, do it..'.. He dropped his hands to his sides, accepting his fate... 'I know why you hate me, I know that you lost your child prior to that day. You were ready to go be with them, and you survived..'

Loki saw the tears fall from her eyes, her hand held out to him, shaking... 'You hate me, because you cannot be with another without harming them..'.. He took a few small steps forward... 'You hate me, because you cannot have the life you have dreamt of, nor can you die..'

He watched her take a deep breath, succumbing to her pain, and dropping to the floor, crying. He carefully lowered himself down, closer to her. He tentatively reached out, taking her in his arms, and holding her close and she let it all out.

He hated himself for everything, for all the pain and suffering she had endured... 'I am so sorry, for everything. If I could go back and stop it all from happening, I would..'.. He whispered out.

Liv finally began to calm down, gaining control over her power again. She didn't pull from him, she didn't know if she had the energy to even move... 'What else did you see?..'.. She asked, dreading his answer.

'Only your nightmare..'.. He chose not to tell her what he had felt, he wondered if he had not come to Midgard to take it for his own, but instead had met her a different way, would she have felt that with he still.

'Im tired..'.. She sighed out, her eyes feeling heavy.

Loki felt her body relax in his arms, and heard her breathing even out, a sign she had fallen asleep. He waited a moment, before teleporting her back to her room, and froze, as Barnes stood, glaring at him from the end of the bed. Loki hesitantly put her back into her bed, pulling her blanket over her. He placed a finger to his lips, and nodded to the door.

Bucky was beyond pissed, finding her door locked. He knew she never locked it, out of fear, so he had no option but to break it. Finding her room empty, he was about to call Friday to wake the others, when he saw Loki appear with her in his arms. Bucky didn't know what was going on, but his anger calmed slightly, watching Loki be gentle and caring with her. Bucky followed him out of her room, and down to his.

Loki opened the door to his room, allowing Bucky in first before he closed the door behind him. He watched as Barnes took in the damage, before turning at scowling at him... 'You have one minute to tell me what happened, before I beat it out of you..'

Loki sighed, waving his hand and making drinks appear on his desk. Handing one to Barnes he gestures for the man to sit, and then told him everything.

Bucky wanted to throttle Loki for what he had did, but hearing that she had fallen asleep in his arms, Bucky knew that this was a part of her, letting go of the anger. When they had finished talking, Bucky left, going back to her room. Slipping inside he climbed in next to her, brushing her hair from her face as she was turned to him.

He saw a faint smile on her lips and he wondered if maybe now, her nightmares would end. Putting an arm over her, he kissed her head, and fell asleep within minutes.

😘