Fifty

Bucky remained close, watching her glow in a swirl of colours while she was in Lokis mind. Hearing it all, hurt him, to have Loki believe he was the reason for both their 'deaths'. He heard her let out a sigh, and her eyes flickered open, stumbling back a step, where Tony caught her. He moved forward, catching Loki around the shoulders, before he face planted the floor.

'Its done, we're all free..'.. Bucky heard Liv say, and he watched as Tony helped her to sit down on a couch.

He felt Loki stir, and he cupped his face, making him look up, and seeing confusion in Lokis eyes... 'Welcome back..'.. Bucky smiled at him.

Loki frowned, and pulled from Buckys hold, looking around at the others. He felt his wrists constructed, and saw he was shackled in cuffs... 'I did not think it was my turn for these..'.. He held them up to Bucky... 'But I will not complain..'.. He smirked.

Bucky chuckled, shaking his head... 'Can we get these off him now?..'.. He gestured and Tony moved to their side, taking them off.

'Loki..'.. He turned, still confused, seeing Liv sitting on a couch, looking at him... 'Whats the last thing you remember?..'

He thought about it, his mind was hazy, and there were flashes running through his mind... 'We had finished our mission at the base in London, and then celebrated..'.. He watched her sigh, sitting back.

'Yeah, that's what I thought..'.. She rubbed her forehead, wincing... 'Come here..'.. He did as she asked, sitting next to her. She removed her hand from her face, and placed it on the side of his head. He felt her enter his mind, and he saw everything.

His heart shattered, seeing what he and Bucky had done to her, knowing they were responsible for her dying. It was all his fault, he had linked them together, allowing the two to be controlled.

He felt her other hand slap him around the other side of his head as she pulled from his mind... 'Im telling you the same as I told him..'.. She pointed at Bucky... 'Dont ever blame yourself. It's not your fault, and if I so much as hear and self blame, or you two pull away from me, I won't hesitate to slap the shit out of either of you..'

'We hurt you. How can you think we are not to blame?..'.. She slapped him again... 'As much as I love getting hit, I'd rather you used your words pet..'

She raised an eyebrow at him... 'I just did, do you want me to repeat it again?..'

Bucky chuckled, moving over to the two of them, lifting her up so he could sit down with her on his lap... 'No point in arguing with her, she's stronger now..'

'Yes, I saw...'... He looked around at the others... 'Im sorry for my behaviour..'.. He heard Liv growl at his words.

'We know it wasn't you Loki..'... Nat stepped forward, folding her arms... 'Sorry for how I treated you, it was Liv's idea to break down your walls. It was just an act. We know you're a good person Loki..'

'God..'... Liv corrected her.

'Still as fierce as ever I see..'.. Loki mused, tucking her hair behind her ear, and smiling at Bucky.

'You have no idea..'.. She sighed... 'I need to rest..'.. She looked around at the team... 'I know you all have questions, and worries, I can hear you all..'.. She taps her head... 'Im exhausted, and drained. Let me have tonight and we'll have a meeting tomorrow to go over everything..'.. She got up off Buckys lap, making sure to hug everyone.

'I can't thank you enough for what you've done for us. Hydra is almost gone, it will take a good while before they find their footing again, but we have a new threat coming, one we have to deal with as a team..'.. She gave them a small smile.

'Liv, are you sure you're ok? You don't look well..'.. Sam asked, coming closer to look at her.

'I um, I have a heada-..'.. She didn't finish what she was saying when her body lifted in the air, her arms out, and head tilted back. Her powers swirled around her, and no one knew what to do.

'Brother, do you know what is happening?..'.. Thor asked Loki, not taking his eyes from her as the team all backed up a step.

Loki and Bucky stood, watching the woman they loved entrapped by her powers... 'I do not know. I have never seen anything like this before..'.. He fought the panic within him, when she suddenly dropped to the floor in a heap.

Bucky slid over on the floor to her, Loki barely a second behind him, as they cradled her in their laps. Blood streamed from her nose, eyes and ears.... 'Med bay now..'.. Bucky handed her to Loki, who teleported them there.

Loki placed her on the bed... 'Friday, run scans now...'.. Bucky called out, coming to her other side and taking Livs hand in his.

'I do not think that would work..'.. Loki said, looking across at him... 'Her body is now that of an asgardian, and you are becoming one too. Our biology will be different to that of humans..'

'What do you mean, asgardian?..'.. Bucky frowned at him... 'And the changing? What?..'

Tony and Bruce rushed in, with the others right on their heels, shooing the two men away from her as they worked.

'Boss, scans show high gamma readings and increased brain activity..'

'What does that mean?..'.. Steve asked, looking between Tony and Bruce.

'Shes found another stone..'.. Loki said, walking closer to her, and taking her hand again. He looked over to Bucky, seeing the same expression on his face... 'Take her hand again..'

The two hold her hands, and the moment they touch, the feel a pulse radiate through them, flashes of green, flit in their minds... 'Shes found the time stone. It's close by..'.. Loki releases her hand, stepping back... 'Its here, on earth..'.

'How is that possible? How are the stones drawn to Midgard?..'.. Thor asked him.

'Thats another on earth. Mind, space, reality, and now time stone? How? Why here?..'.. Bruce looked around.

'I believe they were meant to be here..'... Loki stared at Liv on the bed.

'Why?..'.. Wanda stepped forward, confused.

'For her..'.. Loki looked around at the team... 'Something, or someone has been drawing her destiny for a very, long time, bringing it all together..'.. He turned to Thor... 'Frigga and Odin would never do such a ritual for anyone, especially someone who was mortal, you know that as well as I do brother. That they did it, for her, speaks volumes..'

Thor nodded, thinking about it all. Frigga and Odin had kept him distracted every time he had returned to Asgard over the past few months, and when they first released Loki, allowing him to come to Midgard, they knew then, that something would happen... 'Should I return, and speak with them?..'

'I doubt they will tell you, whatever Thanos is planning to do, I believe our only hope is currently unconscious..'.. He stroked her hair from her face, as Bucky cleaned the blood from her... 'For what is coming, she is the key to it all..'

Tony was barely listening, as he worked with Friday at his station, to track any unusual signatures, trying to track down this other stone. He wasn't losing her, not again. She didn't deserve any of this, and he would do anything to save her.

😘