Eleven

⚠️ Mentions attempted suicide⚠️

Liv made her way to her lab, needing some sort of distraction. She would normally head for the training room with her bow, courtesy of Clint as a birthday present, but she knew HE would be there, and the last thing she wanted was to upset Thor for hurting his brother.

She walked into her lab, and Friday had her music playing already. Smiling to herself, she decided to make improvements on her suit, and design something for Bucky. He may have a bulletproof arm, but the rest of him was still vulnerable. She would make him something more versatile, and flexible for when he was on missions.

------------------------------------------------------------

Tony watched her on his screen, knowing that it was because of him that she was so angry and upset. Nat and Steve had told him what she had admitted to last night, though he was sure that she was too drunk to have remembered.

He hated that she had kept so much bottled up, and hearing that she had attempted to take her own life in the past, but it was only because of Bucky, that she didn't. Tony sighed, sitting back in his chair, running a hand over his face. He never knew how bad it was for her, that he hadn't seen the signs. Now that he thought about it her relationship with Bucky, the fact that they were adamant it was not that kind of relationship, but they'd still sleep in each others rooms, Tony understood.

I felt a sense of responsibility for Liv, knowing it was because she was working with him, that brought her into all this. He loved her as though she was family, and wanted nothing more than for her to be happy. She was always taking care of everyone else, clearly masking how she was really feeling.

'Friday, have Barnes come see me please. Make sure to wait until he's alone tell him it's personal, and not to mention to anyone..'..

'Of course boss. He's currently in the garage, heading out, alone. I have just relayed your message and he said he will be with you soon..'...

Tony watched Liv dance around her lab, pulling up the designs for her suit. He couldn't help but smile, knowing that she was making more upgrades. He pulled up the footage on his other screen, of her interactions with Loki, and he could see the anger radiating from her each time.

He frowned, watching their first interaction at the compound. He zoomed in, watching Loki get angry after she knocked him down, and he conjured daggers. He took a few steps and stopped. Tony smirked, grinning slowly as he watched the god of mischief. Oh, this was going to be fun, he thought.

'Tony..'.. He looked up, seeing Bucky in the door way. He gestured for him to come in, and then had Friday lockdown the lab.

'Have a seat. Don't worry, you're not in trouble or anything, but I want to talk, about Liv..'... Tony saw Bucky hesitate for a moment, before sitting down in one of the chairs across from him... 'Steve and Any told me what she spoke about last night, while you were taking Carter home..'

Bucky was confused, he had no idea what she may have said, but he wouldn't break her trust... 'If I wasn't there, I wouldn't know..'

'She told them about how severe the nightmares are, the times she almost..'... Tony let out a breath, fighting back the emotions... 'She told them about the times you had found her, and helped her. That she didn't want to be seen by a doctor as she was afraid to be locked up..'

Bucky was floored. He had never told anyone about it all, he had promised her he wouldn't... 'The only reason she's alive, and got better, is because of you. You saved her, and now I think having Loki here, is going to push her back into that place..'

Bucky watched Tony swallow hard, as tears shone in his eyes. He wiped a hand over his own face... 'We've never been together in that way, you should know. I know you've all joked about it, and we've let you believe it as it was easier for her to let you think it, rather than have you know the truth..'

Bucky watched Tony stand, and head to his cabinet, to the right of his desk, and poured them both a drink... 'I won't go into details, but yeah, it was bad..'... Tony hands him a glass, and sits back down... 'It took a while to pull her out of it Tony. I would stay awake most nights to watch her, hold her and talk to her..'

He took a sip of his drink, lost in the memories... 'She would never let anyone see her, as she didn't want to be a burden. The only reason I did, is because she saved me, from my nightmares. Don't worry about Loki being here, she will handle him. And I'll be there for her again..'

'Promise me something..'... Bucky looked across to Tony... 'If it ever gets too much for her, with Loki being here, or she gets to that stage again, you call me right away..'.. Bucky nodded at him.

Tony sighed, taking a large gulp of his drink... 'Thank you..'.. Tony held his hand out to shake Buckys... 'I know our past has been rocky, but I'm glad she has you. She wouldn't still be here, if it wasn't for you, so thank you Barnes..'

Bucky shook his hand, and finished his glass... 'Theres never been anything between you?..'.. Tony asked him with a small smile.

'We kissed once, just to prove there was no romantic feelings and we both laughed about it. It was definitely weird, I do love her, but more of sisterly love, you know..'... Bucky smiled back.

'Never kissed her but I get it...'... He pulled up the feed of her lab and the two of them watched her, as she created something. Tony leaned forward, watching when there was an explosion in her lab. Both men shot to their feet, and Tony called for Friday to unlock.

Both of them heard her laughter floating down the hallway before they made it inside her lab. The extractor fans were on, and smoke was clearing. Tony stepped over the debris if her running lab, to help her up.

'What the fuck were you doing?..'.. He asks, looking around at the chaos.

Liv laughed louder, seeing the looks on both their faces. She leaned back against her desk, holding her side... 'Testing a theory..'.. She sniggered as she fought laughter, thinking of how it would look.

Tony took a mental note of the parts that were scattered around the place. He looked back at her, a smirk on his face... 'As entertaining as it would be, no. You can't do that, he really is trying to change..'

'You can't stop me Tony, come on..'.. She folded her arms.

'Liv, he actually apologized this morning, and washed his own dishes, without prompting...'... Tony sighs, seeing the look on her face.

'I don't care if he wipes his own ass, he is not, nor will he ever train me. I'll make sure he leaves, one way or another..'... She pouts at Tony.

'Look, no pranks, no hurting him, no dropping him in the ocean or volcanos..'.. Liv rolled her eyes at Tony as he told her.

'You're no fun..'.. She threw her hands up, looking around her lab... 'What if I just keep him in a cell for the rest of my life?..'.

Tony sighed, watching her. He glanced to Bucky, who had walked over to her, pulling her back to him, and wrapping his arms around her front. He couldn't hear what was whispered, but he did see her relax in his arms... 'Fine..'... She said, leaning her head back against Bucky... 'But if he so much as talks down to me, makes me uncomfortable, even more than usual, I won't be held responsible for my actions..'

Bucky kissed the side of her head, and smiled over at Tony... 'I got her Tony, I'll help her clean this up too...'

Tony nodded at them both, and left, hoping he hadn't made the wrong choice about having Loki at there with them.

😘