Thirty-Three

Tony and the others were still trying to find Sharon, and any other traces of Hydra. They found a lead, to an old disused army base in Maine. Tony already sent Wilson, Romanoff and Rogers to check it out.

The wonder twins, godly duo, grumpy and the talking computer were going through all the information they already had, trying to see if something was missed. Tony and Bruce were currently trying to find anything to help bring Livs memories back. He knew she had left the day before, to go spend time at Barton's farm, she really did need a break.

'What if we've been going abou this the wrong way?..'.. Bruce asked him, and Tony looked over... 'What if the reason she doesn't remember, is because something happened in her mind? Did Loki say or do something in there?..'.

Tony moved to Bruces station, looking at the footage of them, before she awoke. He saw Loki on her right, resting his head next to her, as he held one of her hands, his other in her head. He skipped through the footage, until Barnes rested his head next to her, and fell asleep. He frowned and zoomed in, seeing that Barnes right hand, was touching her wrist.

'Friday, call Barnes and Loki down here, now..'... He skipped it back again, pausing the footage.

'What? What did you see?..'.. Bruce asks, and Tony shakes his head.

'Just wait. I think I know what happened, I just want to see if they lie about it..'.. Tony turns the screen, and comes around to the front of the station, folding his arms, waiting for the two of them.

After a few minutes, they walk in, seeing Tonys face, had Bucky worried... 'Is she ok? What's happened?..'

'What happened, is you..'.. Tony points to Loki... 'Were in her mind, fixing her memories, right?..'.. Loki nodded, wondering where this was going... 'And you..'.. Tony points to Bucky... 'Somehow got into her mind too. Am I getting somewhere?..'

Bucky glanced to Loki, seeing him give a pointed look, before focusing back on Tony... 'I don't know how I got there, I really don't. I saw that she almost had all of her memories back, but I couldn't see her or Loki..'.. He could feel the god of mischiefs glare, burning into the back of his head.

'I followed a sound, and it seems I..'.. He shook his head... 'Interrupted something..'

'Honestly Barnes..'.. Loki rolled his eyes... 'Yes, we were in the middle of something. But it didn't go any further. I was more interested in hearing your thoughts..'.. Loki smiled smugly, as he stepped forward... 'The soldier is in love with her..'

'Tell us something we don't know green bean..'... Tony quips, looking between the two men.

'How would you know?..'.. Bucky asks, coming to stand next to Loki.

Tony knew he was a genius, and he could see it. He fought back the smirk as his anger at the two of them began to subside... 'Its obvious robogrump. The two of you are both in love with her, whether you admit it or not. I can see it, the others probably can too. So what happened for her to forget, and spare the details, that, I don't need to know..'

'I told her that Barnes wanted to finish what I started, and she began to panic. Her power exploded from her, and threw us from her mind..'.. Loki shook his head. He wasn't in love with her, he still didn't know her. Not long ago, she hated him and would torment him every chance she could.

Tony pinched the bridge of his nose, wondering how men could actually be that stupid... 'You really are fucking idiots..'.. He shook his head, sharing a look with Bruce before turning back to the other two... 'Her mind was already fragile, and you overwhelmed her, causing her to panic. She didn't lose all her memories clearly, but basically she's reset to the moment she had her powers..'.. Tony thought it over.

He moves around to Bruce... 'Dissociative amnesia maybe, caused by anoxia? Should only be temporary, right?..'

'She does have regenerative healing, so it's possible they could come back at any time..'..

'Unless she's suppressing. We know what she's like, shes hidden other things from us, who's to say she's pushing her memories down, because she doesn't want to feel overloaded by everything?... Tony sighs.

'We need to find a trigger...'.. Bruce says, pulling up her records... 'Something big, or important, maybe go back to the house from the mission, I mean, that's where she was taken..'

Tony looked back over to the other two men, rolling his eyes... 'Her trigger, is right there..'.. He gesture to the two of them.

'What are you talking about?..'.. Loki frowns, confused as to what they were talking about.

'You two, need to replay whatever happened in her mind. That's the trigger, to help her remember..'.. Tony pulled a disgusted look.

Bucky cleared his throat... 'I don't think that's a good idea. She doesn't remember us..'.. He gestures to himself and Loki... 'I didn't do anything to her..'

'Well her trigger is both of you, so try to come up with a plan of getting her memories back, without pissing her off, or making her uncomfortable..'.. Tony tells them, before shooing them out of the lab. He throws his hands up shaking his head... 'What the hell does she see in those two..'

------------------------------------------------------------

Liv dried the dishes as Clint washed them, the two laughing about the day. Liv felt as though she really was a part of their lives, seeing the photos of her with them, the clothes of hers in the guest bedroom, not to mention the horse, a 6 year old mare called Silver. That gave it away for her, she had always wanted a grey horse when she was a kid, just so she could call out 'high ho Silver, away!'.

'I don't know how you do it Clint..'... She took a plate off the rack, drying it... 'Be an agent, an avenger and have a family. Honestly, I really admire that about you..'.. She smiled across at him, and he chuckled... 'Let me guess, I've said that before?..'

'Yeah, you have. You always said that coming here, was a glimpse of a normal life, that you always wanted. That even though you felt you couldn't have it, this was enough for you, being a part of our family. You knew about this before the whole Ultron shit happened..'.. He took a spare tea towel, drying his hands.

'After New York, we started getting close, and within 3 months I told you about my family. I knew I could trust you, and I could see you were struggling with your powers, at least that's what I thought it was..'.. He headed to the fridge, and pulled out some beers for them... 'I brought you here for a week, and the change in you..'.. He blew out a breath as he snapped off the lids... 'You were a completely different person. You had the kids and Laura, all wrapped around you, the moment you stepped in the door..'

He handed her one, and gestured to sit. She dried her hands and joined him at the table... 'I think of you as a sister Liv, love you like one too. Laura and the kids love and adore you, and I've told you before, that this will always be a home for you too..'

Liv nodded, taking a large gulp of her beer, as tears prickled in her eyes... 'I don't even know if I want to remember..'.. She looks at him... 'From what you've all told me, it sounds like it was awful, all that pain, heartache, I don't want to remember that..'

'So let this be your fresh start. You've been through it all, and survived it, so you've had the chance to deal with it all. So..'.. He shrugged... 'Move on from it, start again. This time, knowing there's none of the pain..'

Liv thought it over, and smiled. He was right, she had already gone though all that sadness and grief, do now she could focus on the good stuff... 'Ah, the wise big brother advice..'.. She teased, the two laughing... 'You're right though, I don't need to remember, and I don't want to..'.. She clinked her bottle with his, and they laughed, cracking jokes as Laura joined them, after putting the kids to bed. Liv really hoped, that she wouldn't remember, now she could really live and have some fun.

😘