Twenty-Eight

The team gathered in the main room, with Maria and Helen back in the med bay, watching over Liv. The others had arrived back, and Wanda was seriously pissed off. She paced back and forth, wanting nothing more than to tear Sharon Carter apart from the inside out. 

Wanda had grown close and fond of Loki during their mission, he had confided in her about his past and she had understood. She knew he had feeling for Liv, and that he would never intentionally harm her.

'It could work..'.. Sam shrugged, looking around at everyone... 'I mean, they are powerful and can do it..'

'And if Loki is rendered unconscious..'.. Steve turns to Loki... 'Can you still keep the illusions up?..'

Loki shifted on the couch, sucking in a breath from the pain in his side... 'That, I do not know. I have never been in a situation where I had to test that theory, but I believe it is worth a shot..'.. He quirked a smile.. 'Pun intended of course..'

Thor watched his brother, as the image of his parents smiles, and their words come to mind. This is what they meant, they knew Loki would fall in love with Olivia. He shook his head, fighting back a smile... 'Something amusing brother?..'.. He looked up, his eyes finding Lokis. He saw his brothers eyes go wide, and he pushed himself to his feet.

'They really believe that? Is that why they let me come here? Because they think I would fall for some mortal?..'.. Loki was angry, clenching his fists... 'Did they plan this?..'.. He looked around at the others... 'Were you all part of their plan?..'

'Loki, I do not-..'.. Thor came to put his hand on his brother's shoulder but Loki shrugged him off.

'And what of her? You are both close, is she a part of this game too? To make me feel guilt over my actions, and then drawn me in?..'.. He spat in anger, his magic pulsing through him.

'If you really believe that, then go home..'.. Loki spun to Bucky, as he stood there, his arms folded... 'You've been in her nightmare, been in her mind, seen how she is. She opened up to you about things, and apologised for her anger to you..'.. He stepped closer to Loki... 'She kissed you, because she wanted to. She has never shown interest in anyone else, for the past few years, but you she let in. She would never, manipulate, or play around with someone's feelings or their mind, especially someone she cares about..'

Loki took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. He turned back to Thor... 'What games are they playing brother? What do they hope to gain from this?..'

'I do not know Loki. But the smiles they wore, were ones of pride and happiness, for you. Once this is over, we will go back and find out what they know, I give you my word..'.. Thor pats Lokis back gently, knowing how much he hated the force he usually did it with.

'Ok, so moving on..'.. Tony drops into an empty chair... 'We have to assume that Carter knows we've been in her place. Friday is running through all cameras, for facial recognition. We need to find her, and bring her in. Bruce..'.. He turns to him... 'Can you work the laptop?..'

'Yeah, it'll take me a little while to break through, but I'll get into it..'.. Bruce nods at him.

'Stay close preferably in the compound, until we know more. Take turns in getting some sleep and training while we're waiting. We need to be ready..'... Tony tells them all, before standing back up.

'I'm staying with Liv..'.. Bucky says, heading for the door. He pauses and turns to Loki... 'You coming?..'

'Is that the only reason you are, what was it you called it Stark? Chummy?..'.. He looks to Tony, then to Bucky... 'Because I can fix her?..'