Thirty-Eight

Liv grinned at Tony, before going around the counter to grab a piece of toast, and taking a bite. She looked at each one of them, aside from Loki, Clint and Laura, the others were shocked.

'We have a guest in the cells. Don't worry, she's alive and healed..'.. She chuckled, taking another bite... ' Eat up, it's story time..'.. She gestures to the food, and coming over to Bucky, taking his hand and pulling him around so they stood with Loki... 'I remembered everything, thanks to Clints pep talk..'.. She smiled at him.

Liv tells them everything, and what she did. She then had Friday pull up the footage from the hidden base on Governors Island, and she felt Bucky tense next to her... 'Its just an illusion, I promise..'.. She gives his hand a gentle squeeze, before having Friday show them the news.

'So, as far as Hydra and the world are concerned, me and Bucky are dead. They won't come for us..'.. She shrugged.

'But, they'll see you with us. I mean, you two are recognisable..'.. Steve shook his head.

'Really Steve? Do you think I wouldn't have thought of that?...'... She turns to Loki, and winks at him... 'You got something for us?..'

Loki chuckles, and pulls out two small boxes from his pockets, handing one to her, and the other to Bucky... 'Loki used his magic to spell something for us, so when we wear them, our appearance changes..'.. Liv opens her box, and scoffs at it... 'It was supposed to be a necklace Loki..'.. She sighed, pulling out the ring, and looking at it, before putting it back... 'Getting ahead of yourself aren't you?..'.. She elbows him lightly in the side.

'Why didn't you let us help you?..'.. Nat asks, as she leans on the counter, drinking her coffee.

'As I said to Loki, having you all there, was too much of a risk. I kept you all safe, and out of it, so no one can blame the avengers. Me and Bucky are dead to the world, and now we can take down the rest of Hydra, together..'.. She leans into him, and he slips the box into his pocket, putting his arm around her back... 'I know where their bases are. It may not be all of them, but I think this is the closure Bucky needs..'

'Care to share that information?..'.. Tony asks, sitting at the table.

'Already in the lab for you. The US bases you guys can take care of, as well as any operatives you find. Me, Bucky and Loki are taking out the others around the world. We'll remain in contact, and share information..'

'Wanda..'.. She looks over at her friend, seeing her eyes glowing red... 'Who are you reading?..'

Wanda clears her throat, taking a breath... 'I was trying to see what happened, through Loki, but you're shielding him too..'

'Yeah, I worked out how to do that..'.. Liv waves her hand... 'Anyway, so me and the guys will be leaving tonight to make a start. You all need to start acting as if we actually died, post a statement and arrange funerals. Really sell it if you can. Any time you need us, or want us to visit, let us know. But only you lot..'.. Liv waggles a finger at them... 'Pepper, Maria, Helen, Happy and Rhodey can know. We have to keep this locked down, at least for now..'

'And when this is all over, you'll what? Rise from the dead?..'.. Sam asks, frowning at her.

'Already got that part planned out too, so don't worry your pretty little head about it..'.. She winked at him.

'So, how does this work?..'.. Thor waves a hand to her, Loki and Bucky... 'Are you together? Or just one of them?..'

'As I told them both last night..'.. Liv rolled her eyes, heading to the fridge to grab a bottle of water... 'I have feelings for them both, and want to be with them. It's up to them what they want to do..'

'Three holes..'... Nat coughed out, causing Liv to choke on her water, laughing. Wanda clapped a hand to her mouth, trying not to laugh, and Nat grinned at her... 'Sorry, had something stuck in my throat...'

'Learn to swallow instead of gargling the Captain..'... Liv winked at Steve, seeing him shake his head, at the girls.

'Its not even 9am and I haven't had enough coffee to deal with all this shit..'... Tony sighed, heading out of the room... 'You know where to find me..'

'I-Im going for a run..'.. Sam said, rushing from the room.

'I'll go check on Anya..'.. Pietro sped off.

'Come on Vis, let's get out of here, before anything else gets said..'... Wanda giggles, pulling Vision with her.

'Wanda, wait, I have a question..'.. She saw her friend stop, turning back slowly to look at her.

'Serious question..'.. Liv leaned over the counter, fighting to keep a straight face... 'Is he like a walking, talking sex toy? Can he vibrate? Is there somewhere to stick a cable to recharge him?..'.. Liv ducked as Wanda threw an orb at her, and ran from the room, laughing.

She got back to her feet, wiping tears from her eyes, as she looked around at the remaining people, and caught Bruce almost running from the room... 'What? I have been wanting to know since he was created..'

'This new you, is different..'.. Steve shook his head at her.

'You say that as if it is so terrible Captain..'.. Loki smiled down at her, stroking her cheek... 'I find her refreshing..'

'Clints advice helped..'.. She grinned at him... 'I owe you Bartons, whatever you need..'

Laura looked at her watch... 'We do need to get back, but I will think of something. Probably a trip to Paris..'.. She winked at Liv.

'What mama Barton wants, she gets..'.. Liv came around, taking her hand and Clints... 'I'll be back in a few..'.. And she disappeared with the two of them.

'I really need to talk to her..'.. Bucky ran a hand over his face, moving to drop into a chair at the table. Loki watched him, and came around to sit across from him, not caring that others were in the room.

'Is this about what happened last night?..'.. Bucky nods at him... 'She didn't tell you, because she was protecting you. She did not want you to have to go through any of it, and now you have your chance to end them, without the worry of them knowing you are alive..'.. Loki gives him a reassuring smile... 'Sharon is in the cells if you wish to have a word, or ten..'

Buckys head came up, feeling anger towards the woman. He remembered what Liv said... 'Its Sharons blood on Liv, isn't it?..'.. Loki doesn't say anything, except grin at him... 'Do I even want to know what she did?..'

'Im sure you'll find Carter to be more..'.. He waved his hand, trying to find the word... 'Forthcoming, with any of your questions. She is more than willing to cooperate, but the cells are locked down, and the only way to get in, is if myself or Liv take you in...'

Bucky pushes from the table... 'Lets go. I want to know everything..'

'Buck, are you sure that's a good idea? The amount of blood that was on Liv, and what she said, what if-..'..

'May I remind you Captain, that if it was not for Olivia..'... Loki cuts him off... 'Hydra may very well have Barnes back in their grasp. What she has done, is to protect him, and give him the freedom he needs to finish this..'

'Steve..'.. Liv reappears, coming to stand next to Bucky... 'Go take Nat back to bed, I think you got some tension that needs taking care of. Thor...'.. She turns to him... 'I need Loki to come with me and Bucky, is that alright with you? I promise he will not get into trouble, I'll knock him out myself if he tries anything..'

Thor coughed to hide a laugh... 'Im sure you could Lady Olivia, but of course, he is in your care..'

'I am not a pet you can hand off to someone brother..'.. Loki rolled his eyes.

'Thats fine, stay here. I'm sure me and Bucky can find ways to pass our free time off our missions..'.. She looked at him and winked.

'We need to talk..'.. Bucky tells her, and she holds her hand out.

'Alone?..'.. She asks, and he nods at her, teleporting them to her room.

😘