Fifty-Five

Liv had barely slept, knowing that in a few short hours, Thanos would rain down fire on the compound. She had Tony send every member of staff and agent home the evening before.

Though the team had questions, she had made it clear, they needed to trust her, no matter what. She needed to save her family, by any means. The dead faces of Tony, Nat, Loki and Vision, floated around her mind. The whispers of dust, from half her family disappearing, in the blink of a snap. She couldn't let it happen, and she wouldn't.

She leaned her head against the punching bag, catching her breath. She had to protect her family. Taking a deep breath, she stood, and teleported back to their room, seeing Bucky still asleep, but heard the shower going in the bathroom, knowing it was Loki.

Smiling to herself, she snapped her fingers, making her clothes disappear, and walked in to the bathroom to join him in the shower. This was the last few moments of freedom they had, and she wanted to enjoy it.

------------------------------------------------------------

Liv felt the air shift, and stood, looking out the window, up at the sky and seeing the ship come into view. She closed her eyes, and shrouded everyone, just as the first shot, hit the south side of the compound. She could hear them all calling out in the comm, and she took a deep breath... 'I got you, you're safe. Remember..'.. She shielded herself, just as another blast, hit right where she was... 'Thanos believes I only have the power from the tesseract, so we have that to our advantage. You focus on his army, and I'll get close. Do you all trust me?..'

Debris rained down on her shield, as she fell to the floor, trying to hold focus, as more shots rained down on them. She heard them all call out, one by one that they did.

Once it had all stopped, she teleported out from under the rubble, and brought everyone with her, as she stood on top of it all, looking down at Thanos sat in the middle of the chaos.

'He's even more ugly than I thought..'.. She quipped, and heard a few sniggers... 'Thor, Tony, Steve, think you three can keep him busy for a few minutes?..'

'Sure, not like I got anything else to do now that this place is a pile of shit. You didn't say anything about destroying the place..'.. Tony snorted it at her, as the other two come closer.

'I told you, to trust me, alright. Now go play tag with barney..'.. She gestured to him, and the three men walked down.

'The rest of you, take out as many of his army as you can. Don't second guess yourself, and focus on fighting, don't worry about anyone else, got it?..'.. She called out, watching the three below, begin to surround him.

'Uh, that's a big ass army. You expect us to fight them all?..'... Sam says, as his wings flick out, looking over at the horde behind Thanos.

'Who said it would just be you lot fighting?..'... The sounds of portals opening up behind them, had the rest of the team turning to look.

'Holy shit..'.. Bucky said, his eyes taking in the dozens of portals, and people, armies and ships coming through.

'This isn't just a fight for our world, its a fight for every world, and they want a piece..'.. She took hold of Loki and buckys hands... 'We need the gauntlet he wears, it hold the other stones..'

'What our wife wants, she gets..'.. Loki brought their linked hands up, placing a kiss to hers.

'Not your wife..'.. She rolled her eyes, and spotted Strange off to the side, and nodded at him, as she spoke telepathically. She saw him nod back, and she took a deep breath... 'Let's go win this..'