Three

*May 2012*

Liv and Pepper were in the tower, waiting for Tony to tell them when he was ready. This was it, this was the moment they were waiting for. Both women were anxiously pacing, hoping it would work.

'Stark will you hurry the fuck up! I'm dying over here..'.. She called out to him, through her comm and she heard him chuckle.

'Cool your jets Summers, I'm just setting it now..'

She huffed, heading to the bar to grab a drink... 'I can't help it Stark, this is a game changer..'

'We're good to go this end, the rest is up to you..'..

'You disconnected the transmission lines?  We're off the grid?..'.. Liv asks him, pouring herself a large glass of gin.

'Stark tower is about to become a beacon of self sustaining clean energy..'..

'Well, assuming the arc reactor takes over and it actually works..'.. Liv heard Pepper sat and she stuck her tongue out to the woman and laughed.

'Light her up Pep..'.. Liv walked over, standing next to Pepper, watching the her laptop. She took a sip of her drink, keeping am eye on the system, as the tower came online.

'How does it look?..'.. Pepper asked him, as the holo table came on, showing the same diagnostics as her laptop.

'Like Christmas, but with a little more, me..'..

Liv took a deep breath, hearing his smug tone... 'I think you'll find it was my theory..'

'We've got to go wider on the public awareness campaign, you two need to do some press. I'm in DC tomorrow, I'm working on the zoning for the next three buildings..'... Pepper gestured to Liv, and she handed her glass to Pepper, so she could have some.

'You two are killing me, the moment, remember? Enjoy the moment..'..

'We can have our moment later..'.. Pepper told him, handing he glass back to Liv.

Live noticed a call come through, just as Jarvis rang out... 'Sir, Agent Coulson of SHILED is on the line..'

She dismissed the call, scoffing... 'SHIELD can fuck off..'... She muttered.. 'Ok lovebirds, my part is done, so I'm off. Enjoy your moment..'.. She smiled over at Tony as he walked in. Grabbing her glass, she drank the remainder before picking up her laptop, and headed to the elevator, for her floor.

She made her way to her room, placing her laptop down on her desk, before flopping onto her bed, sighing. They did it, they actually did it. Grinning up at the ceiling, she couldn't help by feel proud of herself and Tony for what they had done. She felt that she was ready to move on to the next person, to help them.

Liv knew it would be hard to say goodbye, but she would still assist him in future, should he need her. Now that he was in a good relationship, his life on the right path and making a difference in the world, she knew there was nothing more she could do for him.

'Miss Summers, sir has requested your presence, urgently...'

Liv shot up, and ran from her room in a panic. She slid into the elevator and anxiously bounced on her feet, wondering what was wrong. What the hell happened in the 20 minutes she was gone. When the doors opened, she saw Pepper talking with Agent Coulson, and she stepped out.

'He's going to need you on this..'.. Pepper tells her, her face full of worry.

'Miss Summers, I understand your hesitation of working with us, but we could really use your help on this matter. Mr Stark has the files, though I'm sure you have already seen them..'.. Coulson smiled at her as him and Pepper entered the elevator, and the doors closed behind her. Heading over to Tony, as he watched the files on the holo table she frowned, wondering what was going on.

'Must be serious if they're actually asking me for help..'.. She swiped at a file, reading up on Captain America. She knew he hadn't long come out of the ice, and she felt empathy for him. He didn't expect to ever wake up, especially almost 70 years later in a whole new world.

'Gist of it is, got a god from myth, came to earth looking for this thing..'.. He swipes his hand, holding up the holo display of a blue cube... 'Destroyed a SHIELD facility, and put a few others under mind control. Apparently he wants to rule our world..'

Liv gritted her teeth... 'Great, another one. As if the destruction Thor caused down in New Mexico wasn't enough..'.. She scoffed, swiping to another file, about the Widow... 'Who is it this time?..'

'Loki..'..

She frowned... 'Thors brother? Loki, as in the god of mischief? Wonder if the stories are real..'.. She mused, watching a video of the Widow with the one called Hawkeye. She already knew of the two of them, when she had been in SHIELDs systems. She had immense respect for the two of them. Considering what they had both been through, she smiled, knowing that these were another two she wanted to add to her list of people to help.

'So, you in or out on this?..'.. Tony asks her, looking over.

'I'm in, but that doesn't mean I'm working for SHIELD, it just means I'm staying here to help you..'.. She went and got them both a drink, before returning and handing him a glass.

'Be good to have someone there that speaks my language..'.. He took the glass from her... 'Maybe now is the time to test out your suit..'

Liv rolled her eyes at him... 'I only made that so if you ever needed help on a mission, I could be there, but im staying back on this...'

'Right now, by the looks of it, we are going to need your help..'.. He gestured to the files... 'So, what do you know about astrophysics?..'

------------------------------------------------------------

Loki sat, watching them all scurry about working. He had Selvig begin creating the machine with the others, and Barton running the team. He had spent enough time, falling through space, before landing somewhere, desolate. He did not expect to endure such torture and brutality, and the hands of the Other.

A small part of him, was screaming inside his head not to do this, that he didn't want to do this. But the rest of him, would follow the commands of the Titan. He felt the power pulsate from the scepter, knowing that he was being watched.

Standing up, he walked over to Barton, who was issuing orders to his team... 'Where do we stand Agent Barton?..'

'Sir..'.. He nods to Loki... 'We are ready to go. Selvig has informed me that the machine is nearing completion, it will be ready by tomorrow..'

Loki grinned, hearing the voice in his head... 'Soon this world will all bow before me..'

😘