Thirty-One

It had been a week since she had woken up, but still couldn't remember the last 3 years. She was sat at the desk in 'her' room, which Tony told her it was. She looked through all the footage, files and photos on the laptop, showing her life since that day.  She was still coming to terms with the fact that apparently her and Loki were friends.

She had been working with Wanda, who she found to be so kind and lovely, on her powers, after shooting down the idea that she work with Loki. It was strange to be around all these new faces, but even though she couldn't remember them, her heart and body could. She felt happy and relaxed with them, especially Bucky. He had come to her the following day, and explained their friendship, and from what he told her, it was close.

Part of her was a little disappointed that's all it ever was, just friends as the way her body hummed when he was around, it was the same when she felt Loki near her. Dropping her head into her hands, she groaned, wondering why she clearly had feelings for two people, one who tried to kill her, but became her friend and the other that was her friend, who had supposedly been dead.

She was so confused, wondering what to do. Tony and Nat had told her everything that had happened, that they were aware of for the past three years, but Liv felt as though there was more to it.

Knowing that Hydra, an organisation that everyone thought had gone, was back and now their missions to bring them down, Liv wanted to know why they were after her. She knew the others were keeping that part from her, and she was fed up of not knowing. Pushing herself from her desk, she stood up, heading to the door.

'Uh Jar- I mean Friday, where is Tony?..'.. She pulled open her door, heading out to the main room.

'Boss is currently in the kitchen Tempest..'..

She rolled her eyes at the name, still not understanding why the nickname. It was even harder to believe that Jarvis matrix was now a part of Vision. Seeing him, walking around and sounding like their old AI was definitely weird.

'Tony..'.. She called out, as she entered the main room. She didn't take notice of the two men that set her body alight, sitting next to each other closely and taking on the couch... 'Im sick of you all keeping things from me..'.. She walked up to the kitchen area, putting her hands on the breakfast bar, as she leaned over slightly... 'Why are they after me? What's so important about me? I can't keep sitting in my room trying to catch up on the past if I don't have all the information..'.. She sighed, running a hand through her hair.

'What if what you're hiding from me, is what kick-starts my memories?..'.. She stares at him, pleading to know.

Tony takes a deep breath, and he glances behind her. She spun, seeing his gaze was directed at the two on the couch. She turned back to Tony... 'Tell me..'.. He watched as she began to glow and shook his head.

'Hydra doesn't just want you..'.. His eyes dart behind her again... 'They want Barnes too..'

'Why?..'.. She felt herself get angry at the thought of Bucky being harmed, and she didn't understand why.

'Because you two are close. You're the most powerful one of us here, and he was the winter soldier..'.. Tony gestured behind her and she slammed her fist to the countertop, cracking it.

'Bucky was never the soldier! He would never willing do what them made him do, even I know that! So don't you ever say that again..'... Tony looked to her, then down to crack.

'You said the same thing before..'.. He quirked a smile at her.. 'Look, they want him back under their control and they want you too. They believe having you both in their control, that they can get you two, to..'.. He couldn't say it, he didn't want to. He knew it would hurt her.

'To what? Do what Tony?..'.. He just averted her gaze, and she turned to the two on the couch... 'What do they want us for Buck?..'.. Liv walked towards him, her fist her sides, fighting to control the power in her... 'I have a right to know..'

Bucky glanced to Loki, who shook his head slightly, but she was right, she had to know... 'They know we're close and there's been speculation about us being together, and we haven't, I promise. But they believe that having us together will result in a child, one they can raise and control..'

Liv rushed from the room, and headed straight outside. She knew it was easier than being in the training room and she felt her anger and emotions taking over. She didn't stop running, heading for the pond bank, and dropped to her knees, screaming as her power exploded.

She let it all out, tears bursting forth from her. She had already lost one child, and now there were others out there, that wanted to manipulate her friendship with Bucky, control and force them to have a child, just to take them away from her. She was beyond angry, feeling overwhelmed with it all, she wished she could remember.

Once she felt her power wane, she sat back on her knees, staring out at the water. She was so lost in her thoughts, that she didn't feel the both of them come up behind her, and sit each side of her. Without noticing, she took each of ther hands in hers, as she sniffled.

'I want answer from you both. No lies, no half truths, just honesty..'.. She said, her eyes watching the lilypads move with the ripples.

'What is it you wish to know?..'.. Loki asked, his eyes on their joined hands.

'What are you to me?..'.. Bucky and Loki glanced to each other, unsure as to answer.

'We're friends Liv..'.. Bucky stroked a thumb over her hand, as he sat with her.

'Why does it feel like it's more than that? Why do I feel the need to protect you both, to want to be with you, for it to be more than just friends? As much as I hate what happened Loki, I still feel something for you, I can't explain it and you Buck..'... She sighed, her grip on their hands tightening... 'I feel for you too. This is just so complicated, and I want to remember. What happened, that I can't?..'

Bucky was stunned to hear she felt something for him, and Loki looked as though he was shocked too. The two men both had feelings for her, but neither had expressed it aloud.

She let their hands go, and stood, not looking at either one... 'Ok, thanks for the honesty. I'm going to take down Hydra, when you both feel like talking, come find me..'.. They watched her turn and head back to the compound, still unsure as to what to say.

'Can you really have feeling for two people?..'.. Bucky asked, still watching her go.

'On Asgard, it is not uncommon for someone to have more than one love. That she feels for us both, confirms for us both how we fit into her life..'.. Loki sighs, before standing up. He offers a hand to Bucky, helping him to his feet... 'You have your answer Barnes, why not tell her the truth?..'

The two start walking back, and he shakes his head... 'Shes dealing with enough right now, the last thing she needs is me complicating things. Once all this is over with, I'll tell her then. Besides..'.. He glanced to Loki... 'You feel for her too..'

'I do, but you both have been through enough together, creating a bond I will not have with her..'.. Loki gave him a smile... 'I will not stand in the way..'

Bucky shook his head as they walked inside, hearing shouting coming from the main area. The two sprint to the room, wondering as to what was happening.

😘