Five

Liv heard her name being called, and she didn't know where she was. There was a low hum of voices, along with rhythmic beeping. She couldn't seem to move, or open her eyes, like the voice was telling her to do. She wanted to scream out that Loki had the cube, he was at the tower, but she couldn't make her body listen. Feeling frustration build up her her, she felt the fire burning in her.

'Everyone out now!..'.. She heard someone shout. She couldn't stop the fire, and began to panic. Her body didn't feel like her own, and she didn't like being trapped. The fire took over, and she felt as though her body exploded, and pain ripped through all her joints. She screamed out, not realising that she was actually screaming.

When the pain subsided, her eyes snapped open, and she stared up at the ceiling, finding that the lights were quite bright. As if someone heard her thoughts, they began to dim.

'Summers?..'.. Her breath hitched, hearing that voice. Turning her head she saw Tony stood over in a corner, realising that she was in a hospital room. His face showed some cuts and bruises that were healing, but he mostly looked exhausted.

'Stark..'.. She croaked, her throat dry. She wiggled her fingers and toes, letting out a relieved sigh, before pushing herself to sit up. Her body ached, but she didn't feel pain. She pulled the air tube from her nose, and the clip off her finger.

Tony rushed over, grabbing the glass at the side and pouring her some water. He helped her to drink, as she gulped it down... 'You have no idea, how glad I am that you're ok..'... He put the glass down, and pulled her in for a hug.

'Loki, he..'.. She sniffled into his shoulder... 'He has it, he had a machine on the roof, I thi-..'

He pulled back from her, holding her shoulders... 'Its all over..'... His hands slipped down, taking hers in his... 'Its over. You've been in here for 2 weeks Summers. The fight is over. We stopped him, but..'.. He sighed heavily... 'At a cost. He opened the portal, brought an army, and the city became a war zone.. '

Liv sniffled again, seeing the pain in Tony's face... 'Are you ok?..'

Tony peered at her, giving her a confused look... 'I should be asking you that. He threw you out a window. How are you alive? Witnesses say they saw you fall, and you hit the ground so hard, you created a small crateor..'

Liv rocked back, trying to remember what happened... 'I-I fought some guys that were trying to get in. I took them down, but still got shot. I followed some others to the roof, and saw the machine. The cube was in a case close to me so I took it. I was heading back down to the platform, for jarvis to suit me up so I could get away, when I got shot again, in the back..'

She focused as hard as she could, as the memory slowly came back... 'Loki wanted it back, but I wouldn't give it up. I pissed him off and he held me by the throat. I-I remember my body feeling as though it was on fire, and I knew he was going to kill me, I didn't care. I just didn't want him to have it. Stark, what happened?..'.. She looks at him, feeling a pulsing sensation within her, and she noticed he pulled his hands back.

'He threw you from the window. You should've died on impact, but somehow you survived. No bullet wounds, no scars, no broken bones. You were just unconscious..'.. He took a deep breath, and began to pace... 'Me and Bruce ran some tests on you, and we found that they're consistent with the energy readings, from the tesseract..'