142

Chapter 142 You are trying anything when in a desperate situation.

Nikita was a poor student who relied on the financial help from the Swift family to finish school.

So Miss Morris thought she refused her because of her financial problem.

It would cost money to take part in the competition. The competing information alone would cost thousands of dollars.

Maybe it’s nothing for other students.

#

But for Nikita, it would be a big deal. She probably doesn’t think it’s appropriate to ask the Swift family for this money

“No, it has nothing to do with that. I just don’t like studying. And I have no interest in participating in any contest.” She refused Miss Morris’s kindness in a polite tone without hesitation. “Besides, I’m actually not good at English, which may disappoint you. I’m not qualified for this competition.”

Miss Morris was surprised. “Nikita, you…”

Nikita stood up. She remained a polite tone, but her eyes showed her attitude, which was quite firm. “If Miss Morris don’t have other things, I’ll go back to my classroom.”

Miss Morris realized that Nikita didn’t want to participate in that competition at all.

She thought it must be Nikita’s excuse that she was not good at English.

If she were terrible at English, she wouldn’t sound so confident when she said those words.

Moreover, she still thought that if one person could learn French well in a year, his English would have no reason to be bad.

“Well… Okay.” Miss Morris couldn’t force her to do things, Although she felt deeply distressed in her heart, she sighed with disappointment. “Since you don’t want to do this, I’m not going to force you. The National English Competition will be held in half a month. The registration entrance will be closed in a week.

Miss Morris paused for a second, and there was still some hope in her eyes. She looked at Nikita and said: “If you change your mind, you can come to me anytime you want.”

Nikita nodded with a cold look and didn’t say anything more. She put her hands in the uniform pockets, turned around and left the office.

When she reached the door, she noticed someone standing there.

She was probably a teacher of the First Senior High School too, who was probably at the same age of Miss

Morris.

No one noticed how long she had been standing there.

Nikita walked to the door, and her sight met with that woman’s in the air. The woman held her arms and took a look at her with a disdainful smile. Then she stepped into the office with her bottom wiggling.

“Ha-ha… Does Miss Morris also want your student to participate in the National English Competition this year?

The woman walked slowly to the desk next to Miss Morris with her ass wiggling and sat done. She first picked up the mirror on the table and looked into it. Then she took out her make-ups to make an improvement

of her look.

After finishing all this, she turned her head and looked at Miss Morris arrogantly. Her voice was mean. ‘Is there a new student in Miss Morris’s class? Why didn’t I know that there was an actual talent in Class F who could participate in the competition?

I did hear that there was one more transfer student in Class F. Was the girl just now that transfer student? Miss Morris wants her to participate in the competition?”

Then, without waiting for Miss Morris to speak, she continued to say in a strange tone. “Miss Morris, You are

trying anything when in a desperate situation. You can’t casually pull someone to participate in the competition just because you watch our students win prizes every year and get really jealous?

I heard that the transfer student in your class came from a poor town. Let’s not talk about her grades. Do you think even if she has good grades in that small town, she can be useful?

Can the education in that place keep up with that in our First Senior High School?

Even if she was the first place in their grade in that poor town, when she arrived at the First Senior High School, she became nothing.”