And this time, he's the one asking about me.

"I really like drawing." I begin.

And that's the icebreaker to our newly bloomed conversation. We start chatting like two friends who haven't shared the tea in ages, though it's mostly me doing the talking and him doing the nodding. I tell him about my hobbies, my interests, my weirdest quirks, and which subjects I'm currently failing in school.

"I may be failing history, geo, science," I begin to list, " and English, and math, Korean..."

"You can just say you're failing all of them. I won't judge." he teases.

"...BUT, shush, at least I'm getting straight A's in gym, art, and music."

"So you're failing all the academics and you're acing all the easy ones, like literally everyone else."

"Nooo..." I scoff, "music is much harder to pass than you think!"

"Then why have I been getting straight A's since 7th grade?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot you write songs and stuff."

"I don't. That's just those three. Also known as 3RACHA." He points to Changbin and Jisung, also paying homage to an imaginary Chan, the missing member. "I'm just too good."

"...I should've stayed quiet when you told me to talk. That's like a once in a lifetime opportunity, you know. To keep me quiet."

"No, please keep talking. This is fun."

So I do. I tell him which celebrities I like, my favorite foods, and what music I listen to. And he just sits there, listening attentively. Like he actually takes interest in how "I used to have such a good sense of hearing that I could hear a bird singing from a mile away and identify it, but I lost that ability because I keep my earbuds in for too long but I don't regret it because music is life and it's totally worth it."

As the night drags on, the others stop at whatever funky engagement they were previously doing and gradually begin to join in on the conversation.

"Wait." Jeongin cuts me off. "What did you say your favorite song was?"

"GO HARD by TWICE."

"No way." he stands up abruptly.

"WE FOUND ANOTHER ONE!" Changbin yells a little too loudly, making the few heads populating the restaurant turn to stare at us. I feel slightly embarrassed but the others don't seem to notice, or care.

"Are you a ONCE, Yeona?" asks Felix.

"..Yes?" I say, unsure of which response they are expecting.

Are they going to make fun of me for being a K-pop stan or something? because if they do I swear I'll—

"OH MY GOSH SO ARE WE!!!"

"IM SO EXCITED IM SO EXCITED~"

"NOONA WHOS YOUR BIAS"

They all start talking at once, and immediately my worries disappear. Soon I feel myself getting even more comfortable with this newfound group of ONCEs. Having a best friend who stans literally every K-pop group is already great, but meeting more fans of your favorite group is always so satisfying.

"I like Jeongyeon," I answer, giggling.

"OH MY GOSH YAY"

"I LIKE MINA"

"TZUYUUUU"

"CHAEYOUNG AND SHE'S SO UNDERRATED"

"I RESPECT Y'ALL BUT CAN WE TALK ABOUT NAYEON"