68 | Fated Mission

📖 THE CRIMSON HOST 📖

|| Fated Mission ||

Eon pulled Ehaan to a corner away from the others. He put his hands on his waist and faced his brother, his chest rising sharply in exasperation.

"What was that, Ehaan Faragon Runes!? You just got back and you're already flirting?!" Eon blurted out an accusation to his brother.

"What!?" Ehaan exclaimed, eyes widened. "I'm not flirting, Kuya!"

"And what is that!? I saw you! You hugged him back!"

"Yes, I hugged him back—"

"And why is that?!" Eon raised his left eyebrow. "Why did you have to hug him too?! You should have pushed him!"

Ehaan shook his head, he looked his brother directly in the eyes. After a while, he looked away and bowed his head.

"I hugged him back because that's what I think I should do," he instead whispered in the air.

"Aba't ikaw! Anong binubulong-bulong mo riyan, ah!?" Like the real pain-in-the-ass brother he was, Eon demanded an answer.

But Ehaan just gave him a sigh. "Wala, Kuya."

Ehaan didn't pay attention to his older brother who was like a brat throwing tantrums behind his back. He just solemnly observed the aftermath left by the attack.

It was only a few hours since his father allowed him to return but this is what greeted him.

His mind drifted back to the past few days before his return to the Mainland.

***

Ehaan was facing the mirror in his room, intently looking at his own reflection.

He wears a pure white robe with golden lotus flower embroidery on the hem. A garment for commemorating deceased family members.

He heard three consecutive knocks on the door of his room.

"Young master Ehaan, pinatatawag na po kayo ng Supremo," said a voice from outside his room.

"Sige. Susunod na ako."

Ehaan waited for the servant of their manor to leave before he left his room.

Not one to be seen around. Every corner and hallway of the Runes manor was quiet and deserted but he knew where everyone was now.

Ehaan silently headed to the temple in the center of their island. In the distance, he could see everyone who, like him, was also wearing white clothes, but his design was much more intricate as part of the main family.

His older brother Eon greeted him when he saw him approaching, also wearing the same clothes he was wearing.

"Ikaw na lang hinihintay. Bakit ba ang tagal mo?" Eon whispered to his brother.

"I'm sorry, Kuya," was all Ehaan could say. Together they walk towards the front where their parents are waiting.

Ehaan bowed in front of his parents as a greeting and respect for them before he went next to his mother who gave him a sweet smile. Ehaan only smiled back before they sat kneeling in front of everyone.

When the main family and the rest of the family were complete, the ceremony to commemorate the third death anniversary of the late Supremo of the Arcanists, Ehaan's grandfather, began.

The Crimson Host [ Weirdoverse ] [SLOW UPDATE]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें