43 | Written Examination •

📖 THE CRIMSON HOST 📖

|| Written Examination ||

[ The day when August is being summon by the Headmaster ]

Headmaster Thomas just stared intently at the young man sitting in front of his desk. From his seat, the Headmaster could see how his shoulder rose and fell sharply, indicating that he was trying to calm himself.

Like the Headmaster, the young man in front of him who was none other than August was also staring at the former. Aside from the deep breaths, it was also visible on August's face who was now frowning, the growing anger that he couldn't contain.

There was no other reason for August's reaction now than the news he heard from the Headmaster himself.

Minutes after the Headmaster reveals what August needs to know regarding his new schedule and Weirdo Course, the latter asks the former about someone that is so important to him, that is none other than Ehaan- his Angel.

August wants to know when Ehaan will return to the Sierra. He really missed his Angel. There's a lot he wanted to say to him and to do along with him. He had a lot of plans that he wanted to accomplish by the time Ehaan returned. But all of that was burst just like a bubble after hearing the unwanted answer from the Headmaster.

"There's nothing I can do about what you want to happen, August," Headmaster Thomas said shortly after.

"Kahit na gustuhin ko rin na bumalik si Ehaan, kung nakapag-decide na ang kaniyang papa, wala na akong magagawa pa roon."

More than anyone, the Headmaster is one of those who knows what August really feels and goes through so he understands why the young Essence Theft Weirdo almost broke his desk after he punched it.

"Kung gano'n ay pupuntahan ko na lang siya!" He jumped up from his seat.

"Ako na mismo ang makikiusap sa papa ni Angel. Hindi pwedeng hindi siya bumalik! Maraming naghihintay sa kaniya. Hinihintay namin siya! 'Di ako papayag!"

The Headmaster took a deep breath.

"Calm down, August. There's nothing you can do either. Even if I tell you the location of their island, you won't be able to get there either." Despite August's resentment, the Headmaster remained calm.

"As I said earlier, I can't precede his father's decision even if we are best friends. He is the father and he has the right to make the decision that he thinks is right and better for his son. I have already done my part. I promised his father that what happened to his son would not happen again and that I would take better care of him if he would allow his son to come back here again. That's all I can do to help Ehaan and everything depends on him now. Let's just hope that Ehaan will be able to coax his father to let him come back again."

August could not speak after the Headmaster re-informed him of the situation regarding the uncertain return of Ehaan.

Even though he didn't want to accept, it gradually entered August's mind that the Headmaster was right.

They can't do anything.

The Headmaster himself who's the best friend of his Angel's father did nothing, what could a stranger like him who had only known their son for just a month?

Even so, August is fully determined that when Sierra doesn't bring his Angel back, no matter where the island he is on, he is ready to swim the seven seas just to see him and be with him again.