63 | The Chained Alpha •

📖 THE CRIMSON HOST 📖

|| The Chained Alpha ||

"Hoy! Wa— wait lang naman! Wait for me!" Class C's class president, Jomarie 'Rie' Credo shrieked.

"Hurry up, Rie! Bakit kasi hindi mo pa hubarin 'yang gown at heels na suot mo? Ganito na nga ang nangyayari puro ka pa rin kaartehan eh!" said Elixir, irritatingly but smiling.

"Oo nga!" Djhor seconded. "Hirap na hirap ka na nga kumilos mula pa kanina pero hindi ka pa rin nagpapalit. Sana tinanggap mo na lang 'yung mga damit na binibigay ni Andrei kanina."

The two burst into laughter when they looked back at Rie.

Rie was trying to chase after them, carrying the hem of the gown he was wearing while in one hand was the wig he was wearing earlier. He was using it to fan himself.

"NO! There's no way I'm going to wear some lost-and-found clothes! Not over my hot sizzling sexy body!" Rie screamed seemingly disgusted by the idea.

"At saka, I can't afford to lose any of this! Sa ate ko ito! Kakalbuhin ako no'n kapag nawala or nasira ang mga ito. So the final judgement of the board of panels is NO!" Rie rolled his eyes and ignored the two men's nagging at him.

But when he turned his gaze to the front where Lexus and Prixeliz were, he saw the two talking seriously and quietly.

"And what is the meaning of this!?" He interrupted the two.

He approached Lexus and held his arm. He is in the middle of the two.

"Prix!" He glared evilly at Prixeliz.

"Itinuring kitang kaibigan. Itinuring kitang parang tunay kong kapatid pero ito pala ang igaganti mo sa akin?! How could you, snake!?"

Prixeliz just laughed. She knew Rie was just joking but she turned serious again when she looked at Lexus.

"Hindi ko aagawin si Lexus sa'yo, Rie. I'm just asking him what's wrong with him. Kanina pa siya tahimik, tinatanong ko siya kung anong problema pero ayaw niya magsalita," said Prix. There was concern in the tone of her voice.

It was only then that Rie was able to look at Lexus and just like Prixeliz said, the man was silently staring into the distance.

"Babe? Is there a problem? Tell me. I'm your girlfriend, right?" Rie asked in a joking manner to lighten up his mood. Lexus faced him with a frown.

"Er, babe ka riyan!" he grimaced. But his smile remained only for a second and he became serious and silent again.

Prixeliz and Rie looked at each other for a moment. In the few months they had been together, they had never seen Lexus that seriously.

Often, Lexus is one of the loudest and liveliest in their class along with August, so the two can't help but be surprised by the seriousness they see in him.

"Tsk! Ano nga ang problema?" Rie asked, seriously this time.

Lexus took a deep breath.

"Nothing. Ano lang— I don't know. I don't understand, parang may mali. My wolf senses have been restless," answered Lexus. He frowned and kept staring into the distance.