36 | When He Woke Up •

📖 THE CRIMSON HOST 📖

|| When He Woke Up ||

"August…"

Cold and darkness greeted August when he regained his consciousness.

Slowly and seemingly with difficulty– he opened his eyes. It took almost a few more minutes before he fully opened his eyes because his lids seemed heavy and very tired.

When August finally opened his eyes, he immediately felt something strange in his body.

'B-bakit hindi ko magalaw ang katawan ko? Ang lamig. Ang dilim. Na… nasaan ba ako?'

He could not move his body and seemed to be wrapped in a frozen blanket. He felt the cold biting into his muscles which made it difficult for him to move due to numbness not only of his body but also of his mind.

"August…"

August blinked and immediately scanned his eyes in the endless darkness where his paralyzed body was floating to find the source of the voice that had earlier been calling to him.

"August…"

Though it was hard and his muscles seemed to be tearing, August tried to open his mouth to answer the mysterious voice.

"S-sino… ka? Nasaan… nasaan a-ako?" He asked, hoarsely and weakly.

He heard no response from the voice that was only with him in the void. Again, a moment of silence prevailed that even his breathing he could barely hear.

At that moment, August took a moment of silence to remember all that had happened before he woke up to the emptiness of where he is now.

"Ano bang nangyari? Nasaan ako at paano akong napunta rito?"

But August's deafening silence and intense thinking were cut off again by the mysterious voice.

"Ikaw ba ang gumising sa akin?" asked the monotonous, mysterious voice.

Since the only active now in August's senses is his hearing, he decided to just focus his attention on listening to the voice who was talking to him.

And based on what he had heard, the mysterious voice speaking to him was deep, thick and it seemed like several layers of voices. A confirmation that the voice was… devilish.

August did not know but he had a feeling that he had heard this voice before but because his mind was also numb from the cold, no sensible answer and explanation was running in his mind now.

"Hindi ko… alam kung anong sinasabi mo," August replied without emotion either.

He knew that the voice he was talking to was terrifying and he knew that it was not the voice of a normal person, yet, he was talking without fear and hesitation because that voice was the only one that could answer his questions.

"Nasaan ako? Sino ka ba, huh? Bakit 'di ka magpakita?" August asked the mysterious voice but it suddenly laughed slower and more terribly in response.