𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎

𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎/𝚂𝚘𝚏𝚒𝚊

☆═━┈┈━═☆

𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎

Someone's here.

Two words and I felt my stomach drop out of my body. I stood in front of The Titan when that message came in, looking over at Mickey and Curtis to see that they were staring at me with their mouths open. Sofia was alone, she was alone in a house with no security, she was a sitting duck. And if someone got into my apartment then it's someone that the front desk didn't question because they've seen them before. "Get in the car." My voice was wobbly as the three of us sprinted back down the dock, the wood creaking and swaying in the waves. Sofia could run sure, but she couldn't fight.

We all piled into my car, with no thoughts or words other than to try and get back to Sunbury as soon as possible. The Titan was kept in a small subsidiary of the city, about thirty minutes away from the inner city, and bled into a suburb called Sunbury Bay. I should've known better than to leave Sofia if I was going that far, I just thought she was safe in my apartment, hers was easy to access but you had to have a special key card to access my elevator and only a select few had that. My friends, my parents, the desk workers, Sofia, and myself.

My group of friends had a card, Bucky could get in.

Sofia wasn't going to be in that apartment by the time we got there if Bucky got to her. I yanked my phone out of my back pocket, tossing it in the back to Curtis while Mickey kept Elena and Julianna updated on what was happening, "find Ethan Moor's contact," I sped down the main street of Sunbury Bay, quickly merging onto the highway to get back to the penthouse, "I need to talk to him." Curtis was scrolling through the contact list, finally clicking on Ethan's name and the ringing echoed through the car with the Bluetooth connection. My stomach was in knots, how do you tell your father-in-law that your best friend possibly kidnapped his daughter? The very woman you married and promised to protect.

"Hi son," Ethan's voice carried through the car when the line clicked over on the second ring, "sorry it took so long, had to handle something with business, Michelle and I are about to go pick up your parents and we'll be on our way. What do you and Sofia want for dinner?"

My heart was racing, I felt like I was going to puke. Here I promised Ethan that his daughter would be safe with me, I swore it to him months ago. But she was gone, and she was taken from under my roof, from the place that I had deemed safe enough for her to be left alone in. "I'm about to call Officer Hill," I breathed out, turning into the main strip of the city, and stopping at a red light, "Sofia sent a weird message, I'm almost back to the apartment, but I don't think she's going to be there."

Ethan's breath hitched in the phone, and I waited, I was expecting to be screamed at, and told how unworthy of his daughter I was. Instead, I got, "Do you think it was Bucky?"

I let out a shaky breath, "Yes," I pressed down on the gas when the light turned green, "I'm almost positive it was Bucky."

Silence filled the car, it was like none of us were breathing, but we all were on the edge of our seats waiting for the moment someone snapped, that something made sense, "Tell Richard that we'll pay whatever we have to, but she will be listed as a missing person if she's not there," Ethan swallowed hard, and I could feel the same nervous energy radiating off him that was dragging me under, "George is trying to pin the disappearance on her, we all know that's not true."

"Just," I let out another shaky breath when I pulled under the complex, parked the car, and got ready to sprint up to the lobby, "try and get here as soon as possible, the more hands on deck, the better."