𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

𝟸 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝙰𝚐𝚘
𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎/𝚂𝚘𝚏𝚒𝚊
☆═━┈┈━═☆
𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎

Bucky and Curtis sat on the steps of the doorway leading to the graveyard, inquisitive eyebrows cocked towards me.

"Well," Curtis' gruff voice filled the space, bouncing around the stone as he lifted to his feet, "did the princess tap out?"

"Wouldn't be surprised," Bucky added, dusting off his pants while he went to push open the door to the graveyard, "leave it to Steve to give in to a quivering lip and a few tears from Sofia."

They had no idea how accurate their assessment was, it took a picture of Sofia's bloody leg and her blood staining my thumb before I was scrambling for a way to get her out of here. But I would never allow my friends to see that, they needed to know that I was still loyal to them and them only. Even though it killed me, I tormented Sofia for them, but I also knew she liked it because my attention was lavished on her. Sofia got pleasure from the fear, I could tell by the gleam in her eyes.

Now, I just needed them to buy the lie I came up with.

"Has Mickey ever mentioned wanting to have Sofia?" I asked, twirling my mask around my forefinger while I leaned against the stone wall, condensation soaking into my black teeshirt.

"I think we've all mentioned how we want to have her, but you won't let us." Curtis grumbled, crossing his arms. I couldn't stop the smirk that came across my lips at the sight of her hand prints on his chest and the mud smeared across his face. My little devil did that, she didn't need me to coach her on those moves.

"Why do you ask Rogers," Bucky asked, irritation radiating off him in waves, "why is this so important?"

"Because Mickey and Sofia aren't in the tunnels anymore," I snapped back, watching him slam into the wall from my demeanor shift, we all played equal parts in the group, but I held more power than the rest of them, I was the only one Sofia trusted, "the entry door was kicked down and Mickey's car was gone, if she's not with him then she's in the graveyard actively looking for Logan," I straightened up once more, seeing Curtis flicker his eyes back and forth between us, "which we can't have either so we need to figure something out."

"Okay," Bucky muttered, running his metal hand through his hair, "I mean we can figure this out right, you'll be able to convince Sofia not to tell a soul as long as we find her."

"The problem is finding her, the weasel is abnormally fast and silent."

It amused me how much they didn't know about Sofia, they had no idea that for years she ran daily to keep up with Logan, just because he didn't want to work out by himself. She swam every summer, snuck out of our house and her own weekly to go hang out with friends, she had been doing that since she was twelve. Sofia was a lot more devious than most gave her credit for. But no one would ever believe that because she looked like an angel, acted like an angel for the public. She was far from one when it came to what she wanted though.

The sound of water dripping echoed around us as we stared at each other in silence, I had already come up with a plan, not that they knew that. I wanted them to feel like they had a purpose in this whole game. Little did they know that by the end of Phantom's Eve, Sofia would be marked as mine, forever. Even if she was too blind to see it. "Okay," I stated, finally breaking the fragile silence, "here's what's going to happen, you two are going to go up to the graveyard, keep everyone entertained while keeping an eye out for Sofia and Logan, relay to me if you find them, I'm going to Mickey's to see if she's there."