𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

𝚂𝚘𝚏𝚒𝚊

☆═━┈┈━═☆

Glass shattering brought Steve and I out of sleep.

Immediately I was being pulled into Steve's chest, his heart pounding against my ear, his arms tightening around me. "Stay here," Steve whispered, pressing his lips to mine gently before he was slipping into the living room. It was so dark, it seemed like the power had been completely cut, the only sound coming from the ocean crashing below the bungalow, the only light being the moon shining through the window. More glass shattered, Steve yelling out when something crashed into the bedroom door that was shut, my hand flying to my mouth to try and quiet my whimpers.

The bedroom door opened, a man in a black hoodie standing in the doorway.

No, not this, not now. Steve wrapped his hand around the mans shoulder, yanking him back and punching him in the jaw to disorient him, "you need to run baby," a grunt when someone wrapped their arm around his neck, my heart was beating wildly, "Sofia go now!"

I didn't hesitate, climbing out of bed and running to the sliding glass doors, unlatching them and running into the night. The doors in the living room opened, Steve being thrown out against the balcony railing, a loud grunt leaving his lips before he turned to see me. He was contemplating what to do, stay and take on how ever men where in our living room, or get to me and get us out of here. He chose the latter, running towards me and taking my hand, pulling me behind him.

I must've been crying because he was telling me it was going to be okay, he was going to get us out of here. We stopped outside the rental car, he went to unlock the passenger door only to pause turning to look at me. "You drive," he slammed the keys into my hand, I hadn't even seen him grab them. My eyes flickered to where men were running up the docks after us, "Sofia you need to drive, you need to get us out here. You can do this baby, I'm right beside you."

I rushed over to the drivers side, pulling the door open before both of us were slamming the door shut, slamming the locks. My hands were shaking when I shoved the keys into the ignition, the engine roaring to life. I didn't bother adjusting anything, flipping the headlights on and startling the men in front of us with the sudden light, disorienting them until I could get my bearings. I shifted the car into drive, peeling out of the parking spot, the tires screaming as I took another sharp turn onto the main road. "Where am I going?"

"Just head towards the air strip, there has to be a small town or something outside of it."

Steve's hand was on my thigh, squeezing reassuringly as I floored it towards the airstrip, the car squealing with every turn I made. I had no idea where I was going, but I was trying to figure out how many people were behind us. Steve and I had a fair share of enemies because of our names, but this was personal, this was someone with a vendetta who wanted to see one or both of us fall. "Seven," I whispered, twisting the wheel to head towards the dirt roads that lead to air strip, "there's seven behind us, do you trust me?"

"That makes me scared," we both grunted when the car hit uneven ground, "what's your plan baby?"

"You know that game chicken?" I climbed the hill, turning off my headlights as I climbed it covering the car in darkness.

"Sofia baby, you play that in the pool, not where our lives are at risk."

"Trust me," I pleaded when I pulled up on the parking break, spinning the car around so it was facing the road the cars were following us up, "please."

"I trust you baby," he squeezed my thigh, "just don't get us killed before you take my last name."

I smiled, tightening my fingers around the wheel, silence overcoming us while we waited to hear the sound of dirt and rocks crunching under tires. It took thirty seconds before the first cars silhouette appeared in front of us, my eyes closing for a moment to take a steadying breath. Fifteen seconds passed before I turned the headlights on again, pushing the break back down and sending the car lurching towards the caravan coming up the hill. They weren't prepared for how much I was willing to risk, cars driving around me and slamming onto breaks to not hit trees. A path appeared before me, Steve reaching over to yank the wheel towards him and send us towards the hangers.