𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

𝚂𝚘𝚏𝚒𝚊

☆═━┈┈━═☆

Steve always looked so peaceful when he slept.

The lazy smile that covered his features, how his hand always had to be under his cheek, his blonde hair unkempt and falling down on his forehead. I hadn't been able to sleep, the blue light of the TV illuminating Steve and letting me just look at him. He hadn't left my side since he got to London and I had never been more thankful, I was sinking so fast until he came and drug me up for air. He had hired an entire separate team of lawyers for me on top of my fathers and Steve's own personal lawyers. I wasn't going down without a fight.

My fingers trailed down the side of his face, tracing the shape of his jaw before swiping across his lip.

"Baby," Steve's groggy voice filled the space, blue eyes blinking open, a sleepy smile crossing his lips, "why aren't you asleep?"

I shrugged, pulling Steve's sweatshirt tighter around me. My brain wouldn't stop, everything was crashing down on me. "C'mere baby," Steve opened his arms, my body instantly searching for his warmth, "you're okay Sofia," he pulled my leg up around his hips, fingers dancing along my bare skin, "your dad and I are doing all we can to make sure that you're not charged for something that's not even a crime yet."

"I miss him," Steve hummed, leaning down to press his lips to my head, "I know he hurt me, but I miss him, he's all I've had for so long."

"I know baby," Steve held me tightly, my head tucked neatly under his chin, "I know you do, we're going to find him."

The fear had arose again, if Bucky came back was I back on the lower end of everything. Would Steve take Buckys side over mine again? I loved the version of Steve I was seeing since Bucky was gone, and I didn't want it to go away. I just curled further into Steve, his heart beating and calming my anxieties slightly. "Sofia," Steve whispered, tilting his head down so he could press his lips to my forehead, "stop thinking, in the morning we're on a plane to Bora Bora and you have me all to yourself."

"Until Bucky comes back right?"

"No baby, I'm done letting him control us, I want you, therefore I'm with you. Fuck Bucky if he tries to make me choose between you and him," Steve sat up, pulling me up with him, "Sofia it's always been you, even if I ignored it, you have always been the center of every decision I made. The choice to stay in Sunbury when I had prospects across the country, the coming back to Jade Lake just to check on you even though you never saw me." I buried my face in his neck, closing my eyes as he continued talking. "It's you and I Sofia, we've fought this pull we've had for ages, it's time I focus on us and what we can be," his fingers danced up my spine, "now let's get some sleep before we board the plane."

I hummed an acknowledgement knowing damn well I wasn't going to be falling asleep.

Steve settled back into a comfortable sleep, his arm draped loosely around my waist while I played with his necklace, the silver chain on rolling through my fingers. I had never gotten into trouble, everything I did was always approved by the mayor, I never broke the law. So the news that they were trying to pin my best friends disappearance on me was a lead weight dragging me down. Carter and Elena were with me when I got the call, sitting in birthday gala for royals children, neither of them questioned me when they picked up my stuff and rushed us out of Kensington, Carter tucked me into his side, throwing his coat over my head so I wasn't photographed in the middle of a breakdown.

My phone flashed, my eyes landing on the unknown number, brows furrowing I carefully untangled myself from Steve's grasps, grabbing my phone and stepping onto the balcony. It was probably stupid to answer this, but my curiosity always got the best of me. I swiped my thumb across the screen, holding it up to my ear, a bated breath before I spoke, "hello?"