𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎

☆═━┈┈━═☆

My own plan backfired when Sofia stepped out of her family home.

A black gown hugged her body, a high slit showing her toned leg, lace covering her delicate arms. The gown flowed behind her as she twirled on her heel, her hands being placed in Elena's, a pep talk being shared between the two of them. How the hell was I supposed to torment her when she looked like that, how was I supposed to keep my hands off her in general?

I climbed out of the car, the door slamming shut behind me and finally granting me Sofia's attention. She was stoic, not giving me any emotion before she said a quick goodbye to Elena and moved towards the car.

"Sofia, please just let me explain."

"Explain what Steve?" She turned to face me, "How you convinced my dad to have me marry you? How you managed to take away my college years? How you are forcing me into a situation I didn't want to be in? Or my favorite, how I have avoided you because I am so tired of being tormented by your friends, I just wanted a few years of peace, but instead I'm being ushered into a wedding I'm not ready to have!"

Tears formed in those emerald green eyes and I couldn't help but cup her face, running my thumbs across her delicately blushed cheeks. "I couldn't take you not talking to me, I knew you were avoiding me," my breath danced along her lips, one hand falling from her face to curl around her hip, "you may think this is a joke, that I'm trapping you but I'm not taking your college years away, technically I'm saving them. You don't have to worry about your freedoms being taken away because I'm not going to stop you from going out, partying, or drinking," my hand dipped into the slit of her dress, avoiding touching her skin until I finished my statement, "all I care about is you coming home to me safe, and you stay loyal," leaning down my lips were nearly touching hers, Sofia's breath hitching in her throat, "because this isn't just a game to me anymore. You were the goal, and I needed to reach it before Logan got ahold of it." When my hand curled around her hip, my breath stopped.

Sofia wasn't wearing anything under her gown.

"The slits too high, I didn't do it for you," her hands flattened on my chest, shoving me back so she could get in the car, "I'm not a prize, I'm a person, it's time everyone starts understanding that, I'm not a trophy you win," the passenger door opened, Sofia lifting herself into the g-wagon, "I can play the part you want, I'll be your perfect little fiancé, that doesn't mean I have to be excited about it."

The door slamming shut separated the space between us. It wasn't like I was expecting Sofia to get on her knees and thank me from saving her from Logan, because she was right, I pulled her from one unwanted marriage into another one. But she would see eventually that I was doing her a favor. She didn't want Logan, she made that clear, soon she'd want me again, and everything in our world would return to normal.

Or I could hope at least.

We didn't speak as I drove us into the city, her eyes stayed glued to the window, watching the towering sky scrapers as we passed by. "We can stay at the apartment tonight," my words brought her attention over to me, "our separate apartments if you wish, up to you, but I'll take you in the morning to get your car, it'll be safer because I imagine you'll be drinking tonight, as will I." She just nodded, returning to her position of staring out the window. As soon as we approached the event hall, the car was flanked with security, guiding us to the carpet laid out, where our car would be parked until I got Sofia out. I heard her breath halt, her fingers twirling the ring around her finger. She was nervous, but I don't think it was about the engagement announcement, I think the spotlight terrified her more than anything.