𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢

CW: mentions of alcohol and drugs

Sofia

☆═━┈┈━═☆

Whoever came up with time heals all wounds is a fucking liar.

My heart is full of holes and I can't figure out how to patch them before they have me bleed out. Every second of every day was taken up by Steve's perfect fucking face, sobbing into my dress about how he needs me to be breathe. And even as I'm sitting here, with Carter King's arm thrown around my shoulder with his friends, in a rooftop bar downtown, all I can think about is Steve Rogers. And I'm trying so hard to be strong, I really am, but I've barely touched the lemon drop martini Carter ordered for me, and Elena is holding my gaze when I look up pleadingly at her. "Carter, mind if Sofia and I add a shot to the tab?"

Carter is caressing the pulse point on my neck, an absent minded gesture he had done since that night a week ago when I rushed out of the event to get away from Steve and he lead me to a hotel for some drinks.

"Of course, get as many as you'd like," and he just had to give me that look, the look of a lovesick puppy, and if I was anyone else I would melt on the spot. Because Carter King was putting his attention on me. But all I wanted was the blonde haired boy that had destroyed my life so many times. I knew I couldn't cave, and I wasn't going to. But I missed him.

And I hate myself for it.

Elena wasted no time looping her arm through mine, guiding me away from the group. "You have Carter King chasing after you, and you couldn't even be bothered to pretend," she wasn't accusing me, she was just stating a fact, "do you want to go home?"

"Yes," I took the shot glass when the bartender dropped it in front of us, I glanced over to where Carter was watching me, a smile on his mouth when he noticed my gaze, and something inside me crumbled, I had so many walls up I wasn't allowing myself to have fun, I turned back to Elena, "I don't know."

Elena's palm was pressed against my cheek, turning my head back to her and offering a comforting smile, "go home Sofia, I'll plan something with the guys about brunch tomorrow, but you're wearing your pain on your face, and you need to sleep. You've been out every night running from Steve," she was right, "sleep the night off and tomorrow is a new day. You get stronger every day, tomorrow maybe we can just have a lounge day, or brunch, because Carter is going to want to see you again, and tomorrow you can let your walls down and have fun with him."

My shoulders slumped, she was right, I needed to go home and sleep and start over tomorrow.

Carter watched with concern as I made my way back over to the group, his hand instantly coming up to cup my cheek. Why did he have to be so sweet? "Oy," his hand slipped to the back of my head, keeping my eyes locked on his, and his British accent was so heavy, so alluring, "you alright love?"

No, I wasn't. I was in love with someone who treated me as a game. But the concerned look on Carter's face made me break a little, because what if I was missing out on something good just because I couldn't let go of Steve. My eyes closed as Carter pulled me into him by the back of my head, just guiding my feet that were already moving, "what do you need love?" Carters voice was so soothing, and maybe I was breaking, maybe I was already broken?

"I think I need to go home," Carter nodded, setting down the martini on a table, only to pull his hand away to wrap my shoulders in his coat, "I'm sorry. I'm just really tired."

"Don't apologize love," he snapped towards one of his friends, having a silent conversation with him before guiding me towards the door, "you look upset," his arm was back around my shoulders, tucking me into his side and it felt nice, god it felt nice, "do you want me to drop you off at home alone? Or do you want me to stay?"