𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎

☆═━┈┈━═☆

The headache that started at the base of my neck had slowly crept it's way up to behind my eyes.

I was sat in the bungalow by myself for the first time in what felt like days, but was more than likely hours. Marie broke the story, and suddenly both of our families were knocking on the doors. Sofia was frazzled, she meant for the story to break after we eloped, but it was out before, and now we were throwing a wedding together in three days. Red eye flights landed, family members were surrounding us and all I wanted was to hold my girl for five fucking minutes before someone came knocking on the door.

"Just," the front door opened, Sofia rushing in with both of our mothers on her heels, "please just give me ten minutes, let me put on something more comfortable before I go meet Anya," I could feel the strain in her voice, she had been swarmed the second they landed.

"Baby," I called from the couch, opening my eyes to see her turn on her heel agitated, only to calm when she saw me, "I love you so very much, but if you don't lower your voice I think I might explode, my head is killing me."

"Do you need water? Medication?" My mother was asking, going to step in before Sofia blocked her path.

"Ten minutes, I promise, Elena and Julianna won't let me be late."

She gently pushed them out the door, shutting it quickly and locking it, her forehead resting against the wood. Sofia was exhausted, I saw it in the way her body tensed, her fingers flexing while she tried to shake off her irritation. I was surrounded by chaos, sure, our fathers, friends, business associates, and my two best friends had surrounded me all day, but I had it easy in the scheme of things. Sofia was having to deal with dress fittings, make up artists, we had engagement photos tonight, everything that should be spaced out was being crammed into a day because our families were still adamant about us not seeing each other the day before the wedding.

"Come here pretty girl," I mumbled, closing my eyes again when Sofia pushed off the door, taking the two steps down into the sunken living room, the warmth of her body welcoming when she sunk down next to me, curling into my side. "Breathe, it's going to be alright."

"I have so much to do," she whispered, my lips pressing to the top of her head, she smelled of sunscreen and pineapple, a grin growing when I realized she had been hiding on the beach before our mothers found her, "I have to go pick out rings, and bridesmaids gifts, and dresses, I have fittings, I still have to meet with a caterer, I have to triple check that the area on the beach is going to have a no fly zone enforced, and that the photographers and officiants are there on time," my arm wrapped around her shoulders, squeezing her tightly into my side. "Then there's having to secure all the hotel rooms because no one thought to inform me half of Jade Lake would be showing up, and then I have to pick up our outfits for tonight, turn around and get ready, go take the photos, then run back to make sure the bakery has everything in line. We're lucky we're rich and famous otherwise this wouldn't be plausible."

Like I said, I had it easy.

My fingers were trailing up and down her bare arm, eyes closed while I rested on the sofa, "I'll go get the rings and the gifts, meet with city to make sure the no fly zone is enforced," I told her, opening my eyes slowly to peer down at her, "we can do the bakery and the caterer together, and I'll secure the hotel rooms," I pressed my lips to her forehead, "I'll do anything at this point to make everyone shut up and leave us alone for a minute, because this peaceful vacation has been interrupted."

Sofia just curled further into my side before giving in completely and moving to lay her head on my lap. My poor girl was exhausted, she barely got any sleep last night after we got home from dinner, her mind wouldn't shut off, she twisted and turned before just giving up and going to the living room to try and let me get some rest. Which was impossible, I got up and followed her, then as soon as we both started to fall asleep on the very couch we were sitting on, the calls started pouring in. My fingers ran through her hair, the sun filtering into the room and warming it while Sofia fought to not fall asleep on my lap.