𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢

𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎/𝚂𝚘𝚏𝚒𝚊

☆═━┈┈━═☆

𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎

I had my arm thrown around Sofia's shoulders on the couch, Mickey on the loveseat across from us and Curtis lounging on the arm chair.

Sofia had handed me a key when she got back, one of the spare keys to the Barnes yacht called The Titan. "I guess I just don't understand," Mickey spoke up, taking a long pull of his beer before continuing, Sofia shifted around under my arm, her head on my shoulders while she watched one of my best friends, waiting for him to finishing asking, "why you? Shit, Bucky and Steve have been best friends since they were toddlers, if he wants to be found why isn't he asking Steve."

I felt Sofia's shoulders tense, tilting my head down I saw my wife shift uncomfortably before trying to calm herself, shrugging to act nonchalant.

"Baby," Sofia looked up at me, my free hand coming up to cup her face, my thumb tracing her jawline, "you're hiding something from us."

"No I'm not," she winced at how defensive she sounded, before pushing up off the couch, "I just need to shower, maybe you guys know more than I do and can figure it out."

Before any of us could say anything she was up the stairs, the shower turning on seconds later. "Listen," Curtis cut in, running his hand over his buzzed head, "sure we're the muscle behind all of this, we can fight Bucky if we had to," I really didn't want to but if he was going to hurt Sofia I wouldn't hesitate, "but Sofia's the brains, not only is she the brains, she's a hell of a lot more fearless than we are," Curtis wasn't wrong, but my eyes were trained back on the stairs where Sofia went up to the loft, she was stressed out, I have known her the entirety of her life, I can read her like a damn book.

"Give me a few minutes."

I pushed off the sofa, climbing the stairs two at a time, stopping at the doorway of the bathroom. Sofia was a glorious person, but seeing her standing in the shower that framed her like a moving picture was an experience I wasn't prepared to have. I leaned against the doorframe, watching the water roll down her skin, body wash gathering on the floor before slipping down the drain. It always amazed me how smart yet clueless she could be, she hadn't even noticed that I had been watching her this whole time.

She reached forward, turning off the water and I stepped behind the wall so she would't see me when she got out.

I peeked around the corner, seeing Sofia running her fingers through her wet hair with a towel wrapped around her body. She was lost in her head again, her eyes weren't focusing and she ended up gripping the bathroom counter to try and focus on her frame. "It was two years ago," she whispered, "it was two years ago, this was a joke, this was a taunt. He's not here. I'm not apart of it."

I furrowed my eyebrows, stepping up behind her and playing my hands on Sofia's hips. I half expected her to jerk away from me like she normally does when she's overwhelmed, instead she completely relaxed against my chest, my fingers locking against her stomach while I swayed us slowly. "What's going on baby?" I leaned down to press a kiss to her ear, Sofia's eyes fluttering closed her hands closing around my wrists. "Sofia," she tilted her head up and when she opened her eyes, I saw the fear swirling in them, her chest was rising and falling quickly.

"You're going to hate me," she whispered, turning around in my arms and clinging to me, "you're going to hate Bucky more, but you're going to hate me."

"I'm not going to hate you baby," I whispered, pushing some of her wet hair out of her face, only to come back and run my thumb over her cheek bone, "and I don't hate Bucky, I'm upset with him, but I don't hate him."