𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚒𝚡

𝚂𝚘𝚏𝚒𝚊

☆═━┈┈━═☆

My feet hung off the dock at the end of our bungalow, the crystal blue water lapping at my ankles.

Steve had run to town with Curtis and Mickey, since the trip was spontaneous, no one had the proper wardrobe for this trip. Our bungalow was the biggest out of the three he reserved, giant windows that opened up to the ocean and would show the sun rising, the bed sat beneath a massive skylight so we could see the stars in the night sky. It was peaceful and I needed the peace, but he left me alone for the first time in two days, even though I told him to go, that I would be okay. I was everything but okay.

I knew the only way to stop the torment that would be coming my way would be to cut ties with Steve, but I couldn't do it. That would be like ripping my heart out of my chest and letting it slowly stop bleeding in my palms.

"Hey," Elena's voice came from beside me, shaking me out of my thoughts as she dropped down on one side, Julianna on the other. "How are you?" She reached for my hand, her fingers locking with mine as we all kicked our feet over the edge. It was a question for her to acknowledge that I was out of my own mind, obviously so, but it also brought tears to my eyes, my head dropping down as Julianna wrapped her arms around me, pulling me into her side.

"I can't give Steve up," I whispered, Elena rubbing her hand up and down my arm, "I'm going to be tormented for the rest of my life just because I can't stop loving Steve. I've loved him since we were kids, I can't," my voice broke, Julianna squeezing me tighter, "I can't do it, I can't let him slip through my fingers this time. I love him."

No one said anything, they just held me as I completely broke down.

"Steve," Elena whispered, Julianna keeping me curled into her body when I felt two hands on my hips, pulling back to look at Steve. He smiled softly, reaching up to wipe away some tears before pulling me into his arms, lifting me so my head rested on his shoulder and my legs were wrapped around his hips.

"You're alright baby," Steve hummed, his hands on my thighs holding me up as he rocking us slightly, "take some deep breaths, I have you," I squeezed him tighter, hiding my face in the crook of his neck, tears dropping onto his neck and rolling down his skin. "Do you want to take a bath with me? Or a shower? Do you want to be left alone? Tell me what you want me to do, what can make it better baby?"

"A bath," I whispered, his lips on my temple before he was nodding at someone to head towards our bungalow, "please."

Steve hummed his acknowledgement, walking us into the bungalow, words were muffled as he told our friends the evening plans before he carried me into the bathroom, setting me on the marble counter. "Can I see my girls face?" Steve questioned softly, his hand tangled in my hair on the back of my head to gently guide me back. "I hate seeing you cry," he whispered, bringing his hands up to cut my face, wiping his thumbs across my cheeks, the pads coming back wet, "I'm not going anywhere Sofia, I promise. I don't care about Bucky and Logan anymore, I care about you, and I need you to be okay."

"I don't want to be scared forever," I whispered, wrapping my fingers around his wrists, "I don't want to have to hide from them forever."

"You're not going to hide," he guided my head up, our lips meeting in a passionate kiss, Steve's tongue traced my bottom lip, slipping between them to work my mouth open, our tongues fighting for dominance. My stomach dropped, my hands gripping his wrists tightly. I would never get over the feeling of Steve kissing me, the way he held my face like I was a porcelain doll, his thumbs stroking my cheekbones while his lips moved gently over mine. I parted my legs, his hips instantly fitting against mine as he leaned me back against the mirror, pulling away slowly. "I love you Sofia," Steve whispered, tilting his head down to press a kiss to the spot that made my back arch, a gasp leaving my lips and goosebumps shooting up my arms, "now that I know what it's like to have you," he nipped my neck, my nails instantly digging into his wrists, "I'm not letting you go."