𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

𝚂𝚘𝚏𝚒𝚊/𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎

☆═━┈┈━═☆

𝚂𝚘𝚏𝚒𝚊

My passenger side door opened but I didn't bother looking at who entered. I didn't think I needed to.

"Logan, please just leave me alone tonight," I let out a soft sob, a cold ring resting against my neck startled me when a hand started rubbing the skin. My heart stopped, my head slowly rising from the steering wheel to see none other than Mickey Henry in my passenger seat. "You can leave me alone too."

He let out a small laugh, "put your key in the ignition and start driving Sofia, I'll tell you when to stop."

"Why on earth would I do that?"

"Because if you don't, you're going to have Logan, Steve, Bucky and Curtis on your tail, I need to talk to you so you're going to drive."

If I had to choose anyone to be alone with right now, Mickey was at least at the top of the list. I shoved my key into the ignition, flipping off my headlights before pulling away from the edge of the forest. Mickey's hand stayed at the back of my neck, and surprisingly it was a welcome feeling. He had always been the one to find me after the other three tormented me, said I reminded him of his little sister and wanted to make sure I was okay. So the feeling of his cold pinky ring on my skin was comforting, and the soft strokes of his thumb were completely different from how Logan manhandled me just minutes ago.

"You can talk while I drive," I reached over to flip the headlights on when we entered town, "Logan hasn't bugged the car to my knowledge."

That brought out a deep laugh from Mickey's lips, his hand slipping from my neck only to move down and pat my thigh. "Remember two years ago, when I took you to my place and told you my services weren't free."

"It sounds awful when you say it that way," I grimaced while I drove alongside the lake, watching the moon shimmer in ripples, "but yes, I told you whenever you wanted to cash in on it to let me know."

"Well," a deep breath left his lips, "turn left here first."

I turned left, heading up the winding road to the senators estate, my brows furrowed but my mouth shut. Mickey was taking me to the estate for a reason, and while I knew his secret, I didn't know why he was taking me back to place I found out, "do I need to stop and get Juliana?"

"I picked her up before we went to find you, she's waiting at the house."

I nodded, waiting for him to continue talking. "I need you to go to the charity gala with me on Friday," Mickey quickly rushed out, "Dad's trying to secure a deal with your father, I have to help him, plus it may make Logan and Steve lose their minds. Please Sofia, I need to have my dad off my back, if you do this I'll try to get the guys off yours."

The charity galas were basically a red carpet even for prestigious families, photographers came and plastered our faces on news sites, we were dolls for the people. Rumors started and ended at these events. Who was taking who, are Sofia and Logan finally going to announce their relationship, who was the highest bidder on a piece of art for the childrens hospital? It was the rich elites night to shine.

And the worst part was that it happened once a month.

Black tie events were a game to the children of the rich, we had no limits. The bartenders were paid off, giving us an unlimited supply of alcohol, the burn welcome as we played our perfect parts. Logan and I had gone with each other since we could walk. It would cause an uproar in the tabloids to not show up with him when everyone was expecting it, but bad publicity was still publicity, and it would boost business. The kids were used as pawns, who could disrupt the tabloids the most, because whoever could disrupt the tabloids drew in business for our families. Everyone wanted to get a glimpse into the lives of rich kids, so they would come into businesses and get information from employees, while purchasing something so they could have an excuse for being there.