𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎

☆═━┈┈━═☆

"Son, you and your friends need to get on my plane to London right now," Mr. Moor spoke into the speaker, my eyebrows shooting up as I gestured Mickey, Curtis, and Julianna over, switching the phone to over to speakerphone.

"Why sir? Everything okay?"

A weighted breath, his choked voice coming through, "my friend from the DA office just called, the cops here are trying to pin it on Sofia, she's getting the call in a few hours."

No one said anything, Julianna grabbed the keys, I grabbed a sweatshirt for Sofia and we were all off to the private airport.

That call came in fifteen hours ago and I was pulling up to Carters townhome. I needed to get to Sofia as fast as possible, I needed her to know she was going to be okay.

"We'll get rooms at the hotel across from the London Eye," Julianna stated, nodding at the driver when I piled out of the car, Carter's door opening and the man looked as distraught as I felt, "we'll text you the address." I nodded, slamming the door before taking two steps at a time to get to the front door.

"Second door to the left, she won't let anyone comfort her."

I nodded, patting his shoulder as I passed him. It's not that she wasn't letting anyone comfort her, it's she wanted a specific someone's comfort, she had always run to me when things like this happened. Although it was usually her friends who were the ones being accused never her. Carters home was that of a bachelor pad, cold colors with bare minimum decorations, something that you would see in a magazine. It wasn't bad, but it lacked the warmth that made a house a home.

I came up to the door, slowly turning the knob before stepping in, closing it quietly behind me. Sofia laid in the center of the bed, her back facing the door with the sheets pulled up to her nose, she was trying to hide. I toed off my shoes, crossing the room and lifting the sheets up, slipping into the bed behind her. One arm went around her waist and her hand landed on mine, her fingers slipping between mine and I felt her crack. I squeezed her to me tightly, curling over her to put us nearly in a ball. Sofia was shaking, tears spilling over her lashes and streaking down her cheeks.

She had been in London for three days, a day before she came home she got the call that they were accusing her.

"I have you baby," I whispered, pressing my lips to her temple, her fingers squeezing mine so tightly I winced, "I have you, nothing is going to get you I promise."

"I'm scared," she whispered, letting go of my hand to turn into my chest, hiding her face in the fabric, "I don't want to go to jail for something I had nothing to do with."

My fingers slipped into her hair, pulling her head out of my chest to drop my forehead onto hers, "you're not going to go to jail," I brushed my nose against hers, "I have lawyers on it, we're looking for the cop who's trying to pin it on you," my fingers rose to the side of her head, pushing some hair behind her ear, "I promise baby, I'm not going to let them pin it on you, if I have to take the fall myself, so be it."

I meant it too, I'd take a million falls before Sofia was forced to suffer.

She didn't say anything else, simply wrapped her arms around my neck and hung onto me like I was her saving grace. I kept my arms around her waist, laying on my back as she rested on top me, fingers dipping under her shirt to press against her skin. "I love you," I whispered against her temple, her breath stuttered for a moment, "I don't expect you to say it back, I haven't earned it, I know that, but just know I love you and I will not let you sink Sofia, if I have to take the fall for you I will, but you're safe."