𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

𝚂𝚘𝚏𝚒𝚊/𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎
𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝙰𝚐𝚘
☆═━┈┈━═☆

𝚂𝚘𝚏𝚒𝚊

"Promise me you won't go out tonight," Logan leaned against the locker next to me, watching as I placed my books in, "please Sofia, promise me after school you'll come straight to my car and we'll go home."

I sighed, shutting the locker before leaning against the cool metal, goosebumps rising on my skin. Logan was always overprotective, but this was an extreme even I didn't expect. He was adamant about keeping his eye on me after school. But for some reason today he was extra adamant, he didn't even act this way on my eighteenth birthday two weeks ago when Elena whisked us away to a massive party at the old boating warehouse in town. "Lo," I took his hand, smiling as his shoulders sagged and his fingers locked with mine, "I always go home with you don't I? I promise I'll meet you at the car."

He let out a long breath as he pulled me against his chest, hugging me tightly. "Steve's coming back into town," his words were spoken against my hair as the bell rang, students rushing around the corridors, rushing to get to their next class, "and tonights Phantoms Eve, I don't know what he's going to pull but I don't want you to get hurt," Logans arm slipped around my shoulders as we walked down the hallways to my next class.

Suddenly, his overprotectiveness made sense.

I had always been fascinated by the boy who was three years older than me. The way he carried himself always caught my eye. Steve walked around like a man who couldn't be bothered, not by his brother, or his brothers annoying best friend. Logan knew this of course, he knew about my crush on his brother, about the way I would immediately fall silent when he walked into a room because he intimidated me. When Steve left after getting his contract with the Sunbury Stingrays, I hadn't seen him. Logan says that he comes home for the holidays but for the most part the Phantoms had left Jade Lake without a second thought.

"I'll see you after," Logans voice suddenly cut through the thick layer of my thoughts, my eyes instantly looking up at him out of reflex, "good luck." His lips were ghosted against my temple before he was rushing down the hall to his class. Shaking my head, I turned on my heel, settling into the seat beside Elena, seeing her smirk, "don't say it." I muttered under my breath, dropping the messenger bag at my feet.

"You'll never get a boyfriend with him acting like that."

Rolling my eyes I sat the notebook in front of me, "he has a thing for the Russo girl."

Elena snorted, bringing her water bottle up to her lips. "The senators daughter may be out of reach for even Logan Rogers."

I went to reply, a sharp retort on my lips when Julianna Russo herself rushed into the room, the door slamming against the wall and gaining the attention of not only the teacher, but the other students. "They're here!"

Murmurs fell over the classroom, excitement radiating off the students in waves. Elena moved to sit on the corner of my desk, nails tapping against the cheap wood top. "Why now?"

"Phantoms Eve was started as a ritual to bring the baseball team closer together, like team bonding," I explained, not bothering to look up at her, "Jade Lake Prep's team has lost almost every game they've been in this year, it's unsurprising really that they would recruit the guys to come back."