𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

𝚂𝚘𝚏𝚒𝚊
𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝙰𝚐𝚘

☆═━┈┈━═☆

"You know, the first time I excused it," I looked over to where the brown haired boy climbed through my window, "this time it's just an annoyance, what do you want Bucky?"

"I brought snacks," a sheepish smile crossed his lips and I rolled my eyes, turning over so my back faced the boy, "look, I'm trying to apologize, I didn't know you'd take the fall for us," I heard the his shoes hit the ground as the mattress dipped beside me, forcing my body down towards him. All I wanted was to forget the stupid night, not be reminded of it. But here I was, having to deal with the person who nearly killed me, who made me miss a dance I was looking forward to because of his jealousy.

"Snacks doesn't undo the damage you've caused," I looked over my shoulder to where he was leaning against my headboard, I was too tired to fight with him, I had just been taken off oxygen two hours ago, all I wanted to do was sleep and catch up on some work I've missed. Instead I was dealing with the persistent guy beside me, I've ignored phone calls and texts, dm's and comments, I just wanted to be wiped from their memories. "Aren't you supposed to be in the city? Why are you here bugging me? Don't you hate me?"

Bucky ran his hand through his hair, pulling out a chocolate cupcake from the bag, my eyes widening when he handed it to me. "I don't hate you Sofia, or I guess not anymore," I sat up slowly, taking the cupcake from him, turning my head slightly to keep my eyes on him while I ate. "The truth is that you're the glue that holds us all together, Steve, Mickey, Curtis and I have bonded forever over the torment we give you," I furrowed my eyebrows, taking a bite of the cupcake, the blankets pooling in my lap.

"I'm so glad my misery brings you all so much joy."

Bucky let out a little laugh, running his fingers through his hair again, something I was figuring out was a nervous habit, like how I would bite my lip, or chew on my nails. His head slammed back on the headboard, making me flinch but he didn't even show pain. "James," his eyes fluttered closed, metal fingers squeezing his knee when I said his name, panic seared alive in my chest, running up my spine and speeding my heart up. I leaned over, placing the half eaten treat on the bedside table before taking his metal hand in mine, I hated that I was being nice to the one person I hated more than anything in the world. But the truth was, I had never seen Bucky so out of his mind. He had never shown nerves to me before.

"We all have fallen in love with you," Bucky's words made my entire body freeze up, his metal fingers squeezing mine gently, "all in different capacities, Steve's loved you since you were a little girl," I snorted, Bucky smiling softly, "it's true Sofia, he loves you more than anything in the world. But he knows he can't have you so he has to make you hate him."

The truth was that I would never hate Steve, but it would always hurt to look at him and not be able to have him.

"Mickey is infatuated with your confidence," Bucky powered on, looking at where he held my hand in the appendage I knew he hated, "through all the shit we've thrown at you, you've always held your head up high, acting like there wasn't anything in the world that could tear you down, he loves that shit," Bucky swallowed, dropping his head down, the words a struggle to get out of his lips, like he was betraying his friends telling me this. Which I guess he is.

"Curtis, god he's always been obsessed with the way you figure out how to get out of any situation you're in," I looked over at him, his blue eyes closed, head tilted back against the headboard, and if we were being honest. I didn't care about why Mickey or Curtis saw in me. Curtis barely spoke to me, and Mickey had always been the kinder one of the Phantoms. But Bucky continued on, telling me about how Curtis was obsessed with the way my brain worked.