𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎
𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝙰𝚐𝚘

☆═━┈┈━═☆

One year. 365 days.

Sofia hasn't looked at me since last Phantom's Eve, she refuses to engage, to notice me in a room. She's bonded more with Logan again, her laughter fills the house and I keep to my room. She won't leave if she doesn't know I'm here. The phantoms and I sat silently in my room, tossing around a baseball while Logan ran around outside my door, gathering items that Sofia was asking for.

"Lo I need the top of the Jeep taken off," her voice filled the open air and my heart clenched. I couldn't show my weakness to my friends, I couldn't show how much it was killing me to not talk to her, I wanted so desperately to be in her orbit again. But one thing about Sofia was that when she didn't want to know you existed, she made sure she didn't notice you at all. Galas and charity events had passed and not a single glance had been spared towards me. Towards us.

Every thing about that night feels like a ghostly memory.

The worst part about everything, is that Logan has taken to calling her "my love" any chance he gets. Loud enough where he knows I can hear. He's doing it to show that he's won Sofia, he's getting everything he's ever wanted. But deep down we all know that the last thing she wants is to be trapped in that marriage. So she's making the most of the time she has where she's in control of her life.

I admire her strength, because it's hard to pretend that you care about someone when you don't. But Sofia has always been good at playing a part. She was playing her part with ease.

"Of course my love," Logan called from outside my door, his body slumping against it from the sound that entered my room, "the kegs are being delivered to the warehouse right now, should we head there to make sure everything is in place?"

"She's really putting him to work," my attention fell onto Bucky, a weird tension had formed between Bucky and I in the past year, one that I didn't understand because Bucky and I had always been with each other, "typical Sofia having everyone wrapped around her finger."

Bucky and I had always been close, but after Phantoms Eve last year a gap had formed in our friendship. We had gone from being inseparable, to arguing so often Mickey and Curtis had become mediators in our lives. We couldn't be left in the same room for too long before the tension snapped and we were having to go our separate ways to not scream at each other.

It was weird, I needed my best friend but he was further than ever from me. And his hatred towards Sofia was more poisonous than before, while I was also angry at her, I was concerned for her safety when it came to Bucky, there's not much he wouldn't do to get back at her for getting us questioned.

"She's good at it," I shrugged, no point in lying, Sofia was good at making anyone want to do something for her. All it took was a smile and her green eyes widening with pouty lips and she could pretty much get anyone in this town to do something for her. Her title as Americas princess was well deserved, because she was definitely the princess here in Jade Lake, not much would get her in trouble, "always has been."

"We've all fallen for it," Mickey held his hand up when I tossed the ball towards him, "it's Logan's turn."

"She won't take advantage of Logan," Curtis grunted out, the desk chair sliding back at the force of the throw he caught from Mickey, "they were raised for each other," the ball was tossed to Bucky, "I wouldn't be surprised if it was conspired that Mrs. Moor and your mom planned to get pregnant at the same time in hopes that this would be the outcome," Bucky tossed me the ball while Curtis kept talking, "she walks your little brother on a damn leash. He's like a puppy following her around."