Crosshairs x Drift

Requested by: The_After-Shock
Prompt/s: Crosshairs and Drift are fighting on the same side in a battle and Crosshairs sustains a life-threatening injury. Drift tries to help him but he is unable to do anything.
————————————————————————————-
The sound of metal clashing against metal echoed throughout the battlefield as Crosshairs and Drift fought side by side against the Decepticons. The Autobots had been outnumbered, but they fought with all their might to protect the innocent humans caught in the crossfire. Crosshairs, the expert marksman, took cover behind a building, his optics scanning the area for any approaching enemies. He noticed a group of Decepticons advancing towards their position, and he aimed his rifle at them, ready to take them out. Drift, the samurai warrior, stood close by, his sword at the ready. He noticed Crosshairs' focus on the approaching enemies, but before he could say anything, he saw a laser blast hit Crosshairs' chest, causing him to fall to the ground. Drift yelped and ran over carefully inspecting the energon leaking wound, his servos shaking with urgency. "Crosshairs, stay with me," Drift said, trying to keep his voice steady. He knew that Crosshairs' injury was life-threatening, and he needed to act fast. He ripped off a piece of his own armor, trying to use it to stop the bleeding, but it was no use. The wound was too deep, and Crosshairs was losing energon rapidly. Drift looked around, desperately searching for something that could help him save his friend. But the battle was still raging on, and there was no time to search for medical equipment or aid. He knew that he had to act fast. He looked back at Crosshairs, who was now barely conscious. "Hang in there, Crosshairs," he said, trying to sound reassuring. "I won't let you die." But deep down, he knew that there was nothing more he could do. Drift watched helplessly as Crosshairs' optics flickered, slowly losing their brightness. He felt a lump form in his throat, and his own optics dimmed with grief. He had failed his friend, and he knew that he would never forgive himself. Drift decided to finish the fight, regretfully leaving Crosshairs. As Drift fought on, his mind was still on Crosshairs. He couldn't shake the feeling of guilt and sorrow that had overwhelmed him. He fought with a renewed determination, fueled by his desire to avenge his friend's injury. The battle seemed to go on forever, but eventually, the Autobots emerged victorious. As Drift walked back towards where he had left Crosshairs, he saw a group of his fellow Autobots gathering around something. His spark sank as he realized what had happened. Drift walked over to the group, his steps heavy with grief. As he got closer, he saw that they were gathered around Crosshairs, who was now offline. Drift's gaze lingered on his friend's still body, and he felt a wave of sadness wash over him. He knelt down beside Crosshairs, his hand resting on his chest plate. "I'm sorry, Crosshairs," he whispered, his voice barely above a whisper. "I wish I could have done more to save you." Drift stayed there for a while, silently mourning his friend's loss. He thought of all the times they had fought side by side, all the battles they had won together. He knew that he would never forget Crosshairs, his bravery, and his sacrifice. As Drift stood up, he made a silent promise to his fallen friend. He promised that he would continue fighting for the greater good, just like Crosshairs had done. He would honor his memory by never giving up, even in the face of adversity. Drift walked away from the battlefield, his gaze fixed on the horizon. He knew that the road ahead would be long and difficult, but he was ready to face it. For Crosshairs, and for all the others who had given their lives for the cause, he would fight until the end. The other Autobots stood in silence, giving Drift the space he needed to grieve. They knew that losing a comrade was never easy, and they shared in his pain. But they also knew that they couldn't dwell on their losses. There were still battles to be fought, still innocents to be protected. They all stood up, ready to continue the fight, but not before paying their respects to Crosshairs. They stood in a circle around his offline body, each one saying their own goodbye. Drift spoke last, his voice strong with determination. "We will never forget you, Crosshairs. Your sacrifice will not be in vain. We will continue fighting for what's right, and we will honor your memory by doing so." With that, Drift turned around and walked away, his fellow Autobots following him. The battle may have been over, but the war was far from won. And they knew that they would need to be strong, to be brave, and to be united if they were to emerge victorious.