Optimus and Ratchet

Ratchet and Optimus had been through a lot together. They had fought side by side in countless battles, pulled each other out of danger, and had each other's backs when the going got tough. They were brothers in arms, and they knew each other better than anyone else.

But despite all of this, there was one thing that they never talked about. One thing that they both knew was there, lurking beneath the surface of their friendship. It was a dark and painful secret, one that they both tried to ignore but that kept creeping back into their thoughts.

It was the memory of the day that they lost their closest friend.

Bumblebee had been with them from the beginning, a bright and cheerful Autobot who had always been eager to help out and make everyone laugh. He had been the heart and soul of their team, the one who brought them all together and kept them going through the toughest times.

But one day, that all changed. Bumblebee had been on a mission to stop a Decepticon plot to destroy a human city, and he had been caught in a massive explosion. Ratchet and Optimus had rushed to his side, but it was too late. Bumblebee was gone, and they were left with nothing but the memories of his bright smile and infectious laughter.

For weeks after that, Ratchet and Optimus had been lost in their grief. They had tried to carry on with their work, but everything felt empty and meaningless without Bumblebee there to share it with them. They had argued and snapped at each other, unable to find a way to express the pain that they were feeling.

And then, one day, they had finally broken down. They had gone to a quiet corner of the base and let all of their emotions spill out. Ratchet had wept openly, his shoulders shaking with the force of his sobs. Optimus had held him tightly, his own eyes filled with tears.

It was the first time that they had really talked about what had happened, and it was both cathartic and devastating. They had shared their memories of Bumblebee, laughing and crying in equal measure. They had expressed their anger at the Decepticons who had caused his death, and their guilt at not being able to save him.

But even though they had finally let their emotions out, the pain didn't go away. It continued to haunt them, a constant reminder of what they had lost. Ratchet found himself feeling empty and numb, unable to connect with anyone else. Optimus became withdrawn and distant, lost in his own thoughts.

It was only when they were forced to work together on a difficult mission that they began to come back to themselves. They had to rely on each other once again, to trust in each other's abilities and instincts. And slowly but surely, they began to remember what it was like to be a team.

It wasn't easy, and there were still moments when the grief threatened to overwhelm them. But they knew that they had each other, and that they could get through anything as long as they were together. And in the end, that was all that mattered.