Chapter 135: Don't Leave Me Again

Previously:

"Demi" I smile "I missed you so much Alex" he chuckles and says "I was only gone for a couple of hours" I look at him confused and say "no baby you were in a coma for a couple of weeks" he looks at me confused and says "what happened to me?" I look over at Haley and she says "Drew um stabbed you when you found out that he um raped me" "what? He raped you" I look at him confused and then I look at the doctor and he walks over to us and says "ok Alex I need you to look into the light and follow it" he does what is he told says "do you feel any pain?" "no well just on my side" "how old are you?" "18" my eyes widen what not this can't be happening" the doctor continues "how old is Demi?" "21, what's going on why does everyone have those looks on their faces?" "Alex what is the last thing that you remember?" "I remember going to Brazil to visit Isabella and then when I arrived there I decided to get drunk, I remember feeling this horrible pain inside of me and then the very last thing was telling Isabella don't call Demi" he doesn't remember what happened in the last 3 years he doesn't remember me cheating on him with Wilmer, breaking his heart, being with Isabella, he doesn't remember me being pregnant......

Demi's Pov:

I don't know what to do I don't know whether I should tell Alex that I cheated on him or not? Because if I tell him it's like breaking his heart all over again, and not only will I be breaking it once but twice and I honestly don't want that I don't want to break his heart again he has been through so much because of me, I don't want to cause him anymore pain, but I know that he also deserves to know the truth because if he finds out from someone else he is going to feel even more worse, the doctor looks at me and I look away not knowing what to do and he says "Alex um I don't know how to tell you this but you are not 18 anymore you are 21 years old and Demi is 24 years old" Alex furrows his eyebrows and says "wait so you are telling me that I don't remember 3 years of my life?" the doctor says "I am sorry Alex but that's exactly what happened" he looks at me and says "Demi" I let a couple of tears fall out of my eyes and he says "please tell me that this is not true" "I'm sorry Alex but it is true" he looks at the doctor again and says "so what does this mean? What am I supposed to do now?" the doctor says "well we are going to run more tests on you and see what caused this" "ok what about my memory am I not going to remember those 3 years of my life or will I actually remember?" the doctor says "as for your memory that is something that is going to come to you little by little some of it may not come back but the majority should come back" I ask "how can we help him bring his memory back well from those 3 years?" "you can help him by showing him pictures, videos, telling him some of the things that happened in those 3 years" I nod my head understanding

The doctor asked us to wait outside for him because he wanted to talk to us in private but before he does he is going to run some more tests on Alex to see why this happened, we were all sitting outside Haley informed their parents and I also called Lauren they all said that they would come as soon as they could, I was sitting down thinking about what I am going to do about this and then Isabella comes and sits next to me and says "Demi" I look at her and I can tell that she is worried and she says "are you um going to tell Alex?" I sigh and run a hand through my hair and I say "I honestly don't know, like I really don't know whether I should tell him or not" "what do you think is the best decision?" "honestly I know that it's better if I tell him instead of lying to him because if I lie to him then he is going to somehow find out and things are going to get worse but then if I do tell him I'm sure that he is going to go through the same pain that I put him through 3 years ago and I honestly don't want that I don't want to put him through pain again, I just got him back" tears are falling from my eyes and she pulls me close to her and hugs me and says "I understand you Demi I really do but honestly I think the best decision here is that you have to tell him, I know that it might seem like you are repeating history all over again but think of it as a second chance to be able to tell him why you cheated on him, to come clean about what was going through your mind when you did it" I nod my head understanding and knowing that she is right and say "you know I never saw it like that to be honest, but now that you mentioned it, it makes sense and it motivates me to actually tell him because you are right it's like I am getting a second chance"