"What!" A single word fell out of his mouth. My fingers fidgeted, making me feel nervous.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" He exclaimed, making me even more anxious.

"I–I was" I couldn't form a word, feeling more anxious.

"Come here," he commanded me in his dominating voice. A big lump formed at the base of my throat. 

"Huh," I said, even though I heard it.

"You heard me," he said in the same dominating voice. I bit my lower lip and stood up from my seat. Should I kiss him, or should I seduce him to make his anger go away? I stood in front of him, still contemplating what I should do. I concluded that I would throw myself on him, but before I could, he pulled me onto his lap and hugged me.

"I'm so proud of you," he said while hugging me tightly. The word 'shock' was a mere expression of what I was feeling now.

"You are not angry?" I asked while breaking our hug. I looked straight into his eyes.

"Why should I? My wife wants to work, and I should support her. I can provide you with everything, but if you want to work, then I should support you in your decision," he said while dipping his face. I blinked my wide eyes. I still couldn't believe it. But I had a big smile on my face, and I hugged him tightly.

"I was afraid that you would tell me not to work. See, I got hired. I was so scared I wouldn't," I said with a huge grin on my face.

"Yes, because you are very capable and you deserve it," he said while kissing my nose. I grinned and hugged him back.

"I feel so happy and excited,'' I said excitedly while kissing his neck. I didn't expect him to take my job news so positively.

"Yeah, and you have even excited something else," he said huskily while moving my hips a bit. I felt it mount over his sweatpants, which were poking my inner thigh.

"We should celebrate this more properly," he said in his dark voice while lifting me and starting to walk towards our bedroom before I could run away. He kept me awake until morning, celebrating it very well. After that, I got a little busy with Sophia's birthday party. It was a big hit. Logan proposed to her, and she said yes. They were thinking about getting married, and I was so happy for them. Soon, I joined my new place. The work pattern was different here, and I got used to it soon. It was difficult, but I kept pushing myself. It's been two months since I started my new job. I have not seen our CEO that much since that day. Only once or twice did I get to see him in his private elevator because he is a very busy man. I didn't mind it because I don't want to cross paths with that strange man again. Everything is going so well. Finally, it felt like my life was back on track. A loving and supportive husband. My in-laws treated me so well, and my friends were so caring. I couldn't ask for more from God.

"You seem happy today," my subordinate asked me when I was done preparing for tomorrow's menu.

"Yeah, my husband is coming to pick me up. We are going to dinner today," I said with a smile on my face. We talked for a bit, and after changing my clothes, I left the building. The head chef messaged me five minutes ago that he had reached. I walked fast to get to his car but stopped at a distance when I saw him talking with my boss. My brows furrowed. I didn't know they knew each other. Xanthus never mentioned it before. Even though he didn't mention it, they must know that both are in the same business. I started walking again towards them. A smile played on my lips.

"Have you told her that you recommended her to me?" I was only a few steps away when I stopped dead in my tracks. My smile vanished from my lips.

"No, I can't! She wanted to find a job on her own, not with my help."

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 169.
Bed of Nails up to chapter 22

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment, and share.