Chapter 20

***Sorry for the late update guys***
***Follow me and vote for chapter**

"What does he mean by"

I kept looking at him in confusion until he was standing in front of the elevator. I was about to overthink his words but moved my head stopping myself from doing it. The more I think about it the more confused I will be. I should stop doing it and focus on my work from now onwards because it's the right thing to do now. 

"Aren't you coming?" he asked as the elevator arrived. 

"Wait for me" I yelled and ran in his direction before the elevator door closed. I entered the elevator and right behind me, a steel grey eye monster entered, giving out his angry aura. I don't know what was making him so angry in the morning. He glared at me and stood beside me making me subconsciously shift near William who was busy looking in his cell phone. I remembered yesterday how he stood so near me to question me. My legs felt weak but I kept standing, composing myself, keeping all my emotions. 

The nearness with him felt so wrong to me but it was still able to make my heart beat wildly. Spreading all unwanted unknown sensations inside me. His yesterday's behavior confused me beyond my understanding. 

I felt his strong manly scent which was all over me yesterday spreading in the air I breathe. It was messing with my brain badly, making me think things I don't want to. It made me more subconsciously move towards William and in the process made me bump with him. Feeling my bump he looked up from his cell to me with furrowed brows. I just smiled at him sheepishly. His eyes moved from me to the person standing beside me. a grey-eyed monster was standing there looking with an emotionless face. Williams's eyes lit up with mischief in them giving me a bad feeling. 

"Sage what are you doing after work," he asked me with a loop side grin on his face. 

"N--nothing," I said while shuttering a bit while looking from him to the grey eye monster. 

"We should go and celebrate your joining our restaurant.  We never did that before" he said in his same voice, making me look at him with little confusion. He never suggested this before. Why now? 

"But--" I tried to make excuses as I don't trust him this much. We just became friends a few minutes ago. I don't know what his motto is behind all this after all he was indirectly blackmailing me before.  

"Oh come on, don't refuse, it will be fun and you will get to know the chef staff even more, and on top of that, it's going to be a weekend so everyone is happy to grab a drink and relax. We might even get laid. It will be a perfect stress buster for everyone," he said with pleading eyes like a kid which left no choice to me. I cringe at the last part of his sentence. Men! Even though he said the last part in his small voice I was sure enough that the monster standing behind me heard it as I saw him going stiff. I sighed in defeat as I had no solid reason to refuse him. 

"Ok," I said with still second thoughts in my brain. He was pretty good at convincing. As soon as those words were out of my mouth the air in the elevator became thick, making me more and more nervous. I don't even know what exactly I was nervous about. The door of the elevator opened and with long strides and clenched jaws, he walked out of the elevator. I let go of my breath which I didn't know I was holding from the moment he entered the elevator with me. I walked out with William. Saying his bye he went towards the kitchen and I walked towards his office getting myself ready to face him on the way. Is good in front of the door of his office while gripping the handle with a firm grip. 

Stop thinking too much Sage. Don't let his meaningless action affect you, remember you are a man now not a woman so his actions mean nothing. 

I tried to make it understandable to my woman's heart under the man's disguise. I puffed the air out of my mouth and opened the door to finally face him alone after yesterday's event. He was sitting in front of his desk with a file in his hand. He didn't spare me a glance so I walked in. Before I could speak he threw my daily to-do list book on the table and it was a clue to me saying take this and get lost. I took it without waiting for the time and got out of his office.