Astird raised an eyebrow

"It would be the courteous thing to do I mean" he pulled at his tie—looking past Astrid "and you can't dance either, movement won't be good for your head"

"Right right" Astrid turned away from him, grinning as she walked to the table, Ron at her tail "I understand all you're saying"

"You're okay with it then?" Ron asked

Astrid took her seat at the table—taking Hermione's drink from her hands and sipping it herself

"Would you like to dance?" Ron turned to Hermione without waiting any longer for Astrid's response "it's your favourite song"

Ron looked to Astrid for reassurance

"Hmm" she quickly nodded—pulling the fruit tray on the table towards her and plucking a blueberry into her mouth

"You don't mind" Hermione lit up—placing her clutch next to Astrid's

Astrid pointed to her injured head—waving the two off and turning side ways in her seat to watch them dance as she drank and ate—smiling to herself softly.

How Ron's face turned tomato red at his hand resting on Hermione's waist and her eyes downcast at the proximity between the two, this was a night Hermione would talk of for the rest of Christmas holidays, following Ron with longing glances she claimed were friendly worry.

"Not on the dance floor?" A familiar voice interrupted Astrid's thoughts of future marriages and children for her two friends, turning her attention to the boy who sat where Hermione had moments ago "how unusual"

He wore a classic black velvet suit with a perfectly straight black bow tie, hair gorgeously placed with a single loose strand hanging down to his forehead. Hands decorated in silver rings and an expensive watch.

"What do you want Malfoy?" Astrid squinted her eyes, the lights flickering every now and than

She wondered if he had come alone, or if this year he was accompanying the undeniably beautiful Astoria Greengrass.

"Nothing" he drank from his own flute "I heard you hurt yourself pretty bad"

"You heard wrong" Astrid rolled her eyes, looking off in the distance to see if Theo and Blaise too had come to the small dance "I'm perfectly fine"

"Hmm" he nodded his head "good to hear"

"I'm sure it is" Astrid narrowed her eyes at him "what was it you needed"

"Nothing" he held his hands out "only came by to say hello"

"Go on then" Astrid sat up

"Pardon?"

"Say hello" she tapped her fingers on the table, watching him stare hard at her, looking her from the top of her head to the dress hanging from her shoulders

"Hello" Malfoy threw the greeting out like a curse, teeth gritted as he got up and took his leave without another word

He wasn't sure what possessed him to go over to her, perhaps it was worry for her injury, he needed to make sure she was in-fact okay and recovering well. Or maybe he couldn't get enough of her, he had not expected to see her out, wishing she had stayed in the hospital wing longer to rest. But here she was, before him and all alone, he couldn't hold back, couldn't go on like he had not seen her walk in with her friends, arm locked in Weasley's.

He had obviously not planned to approach her, he never did but often found himself gravitating towards her, being pulled towards her like a magnet. He couldn't stop his feet from moving and voice from leaving his throat.