Penniless

29th September year 9

With the exams happening in Konoha, many Jonins were able to leave their students and were coming to help on the different platforms and frontline.

Front line - 2nd December year 9

Three years. Three years, that's how long it's been since I left Konoha. Many Anbus were now dead and last week, Taichou died as well. Since a month ago, the attacks had gradually decreased that we could now afford to rest for 2-3 hours with others keeping watch. I was resting to restore my chakra and I hadn't noticed that an enemy flickered behind me; Taichou took the hit pushing me away and I quickly killed the enemy.

Unfortunately, the enemy's kunai was laced with a poison I didn't know about so I carried him to Tsunade but she also was resting. I knew it wasn't worth it and so did Taichou from the look he gave me. I thanked him and stored his body in a scroll. After that, I went on a rampage and entered the enemy's base killing nearly half of their soldiers. This wasn't without repercussions cause right now I was lying on a bed and couldn't even lift a finger. My whole body was tingling, like it was pierced by thousands of needles. It was so painful and each time I felt closer to fainting but I couldn't afford to close my eyes. So I endured the pain and about 3 days later, I could move again.

Among my stats, my endurance was the highest quite obviously so my pain tolerance has greatly increased. This was both good and bad cause now if I ever get a cut or bruise, I wouldn't feel it. But that's also the issue since one time, I returned to my team's sleep area and didn't notice this gash on my thigh until Deer pointed it out. I had to be carried to Tsunade or I would have fainted from bloodloss. Physically, my body hasn't changed that much from back when I had my sudden growth spurt but my hair was slowly becoming more white than black. Mentally, I was also fine. Fine as in I could still make rational decisions and take care of my team but I couldn't sleep unless I had completely exhausted my body. I would normally sleep every 3 days and only for a couple of hours. With each month I spent here and with more people I killed everyday, my emotions were slowly disappearing. Like I was becoming a blank slate. I knew what each emotion was but it's like I could no longer express it. Some Anbus could no longer support the psychological stress and many killed themselves. Taichou, me and other leaders alive, took care of their bodies and didn't mention it to anyone as if known, there name would be tarnished forever.

Anyway, I learned that after my rampage, there were no new attacks, there was now this weird silence, on this eerie battlefield. I called all of the remaining Anbus during this calm time, while my clones collected the dead bodies. We met in the forest and there was only 19 of us left. I explained to them that Taichou died and I was informed that the supposed new captains as from the rule were dead and I was next in line as Captain. I nodded and thought of some plans to at least keep the few of us left alive.

After an internal battle, I had some form of a plan. I reorganized the teams and there were now 5 groups of 4 members with one of the groups having my clone as member.

A/N: Mind Speaking

8th and 10th will still be the next 2 leaders and Pig, Deer and Cat will be the leaders of the new groups. They'll be the 11th, 12th and 13th leader respectively.

When attacks start again, only 4 groups will go out- 8,10,11, and 12. After 3 hours, 13 will replace 8 and 8 will rest, we will keep doing that so that you all can have some rest.

Other Taichou orders still apply unless I say otherwise. For now rest while you still can. Also those in needs of weapons tell me privately; I collected many.