Gift

After Kakashi's swim we spent the day relaxing and playing some games. It was a well deserved break from the constant stress and training of the shinobi life. We were walking silently on the way back to his house when my I got the memories that my clones finished helping Sakumo-san.

"The last one to enter the house, will do the dishes!!" And I flickered away. Of course I won and immediately joined Sakumo-san in the kitchen.

"Otanjoubi omedetou Kakashi!"

We both said when Kakashi entered the kitchen. He had those little sparkles in his eyes when he saw his dad. So cute T_T

"Otou-san you're back!", Kakashi said while hugging his dad.

"Of course, I couldn't missed my son's birthday and not congratulate you for becoming a Genin!", Sakumo ruffled his hair and gave him his brightest smile - rivaling Gai XD

My spy told me that earlier this week Kakashi was promoted and he was waiting for his dad to wear his headband in front of him. He still didn't have a team as he was the youngest and had to wait a few days for Obito's badge to graduate.

Sakumo-san removed his own hitai-ate and tied it along his son's forehead. "I'm really proud of you Kakashi, *closed eye smile* "

"Thank you Otou-san", Kakashi replied. Man he has such a father complex.

"Come on, let's cut the cake and you can tell me what you did today XD", Sakumo carried Kakashi and sat him on his lap in front of the cake

Then we had a private, calm birthday. Kakashi blew his candles and this time ate the cake, all of it! I guess I should be proud of myself since the Great Kakashi found my cake Oh so delicious!

"You know that I was the one who baked this cake" I grinned evilly seeing this death expression on his face. He acted as though he wanted to vomit the cake.

Sakumo chuckled at his antics. "Here Kakashi, Happy birthday again"

He quickly opened it and it was a book on chakra elemental nature, along with chakra paper. Kakashi was obviously happy and hugged his dad. "I'll teach you some basic ninjutsu once you know your nature," said Sakumo. You could see he was giddy just from his face who btw didn't have a mask. I NEARLY PASSED OUT WHEN HE REMOVED HIS MASK EARLIER. It seems he hasn't mastered the gentutsu to eat quickly so he removed it to eat the cake. Or it could just be because he was home - well I won't ask him. I HAD TO CONSTANTLY CONTROL MYSELF TO NOT JUST STARE AT HIS FACE THROUGHOUT THE DINNER! HE LOOKS SO CUTE UwU!!!

Anyway he was now looking at me expectantly. "You want more gifts! I organized 2 parties for you T_T how can you be this cruel, MY MONEY~"

He eyerolled. "I told you this was this and that was that. Come on give me my gift Sora. I know you have one"

"Fine."

I walked up to him and summoned his gift from my seal. "Here! Ungrateful brat T_T "

"That's a pretty good sword Kakashi

"That's a pretty good sword Kakashi. Where did you buy that Sora-kun this must have been expensive."

I was a bit embarrassed with Sakumo's attention. " No No, I am friend with the blacksmith and he gave me a discount." Well, he gave my clone a discount.

"Thanks Sora!!", said Kakashi while looking at the Katana obviously happy with his gift.

"No problem, now I can kick your ass in Kenjutsu as well ^_^ "

Later that night

I brought Kakashi to the hill place as I had one more gift for him. We sat down looking at the view. Kakashi removed his mask when he noticed we were alone.

"Thank you for today; I think this is my favorite birthday.", he said sincerely.

I nodded. "Here," I gave him a small album. It was filled with pictures of today, others of him and his dad, some with his friends and a few with him having a goofy face. I had planned to give him this gift, so that he won't close himself off completely when it will happen.

We sat quietly, while he looked at the pictures sometimes chuckling.

"Say Kakashi, do you really not think of me as your friend?" I hadn't put any picture of me in the album. I didn't deem myself worthy of being his friend when I knew how much he will suffer in the future.

"What are you talking about?" He asked comfused. "Of course you're my friend; my best friend. Otherwise I wouldn't have removed my mask in front of you. I'm only going to say this once. I trust you with my life Sora. Though you're annoying and loud, I still like this part of you."

I stared at him for a few minutes and looked back at the view, not saying anything. I think it would be much better if you didn't. A friend would certainly save your father or friends in the future. With that I spiraled down into all my dark depressive thoughts.

It took me some time to hear Kakashi calling  my name while giving me a worried gaze. I sighed and got up. "Come on, let's go back. It's past your bedtime. Sakumo-san will kill me if I bring you back any later."