Resolve

It happened... And I couldn't prevent it... NO! I chose not to do anything.

On 25th April year 3, Sakumo Hatake killed himself; and I stood there, watching everything unfolds.

Five hours earlier

I was returning from an Anbu mission with my squad when my Sakumo spy told me he was acting strange. I thought he was having one of his depressive episode again since Kakashi wasn't here. "Continue to observe him I'll be there in 2 hours"

"Taichou can we increase the pace please.", I mindlinked him.
...
...
...
I guess not.

"Let's increase pace, the last one to reach Hokage's office will have double torture training."

"Hai, taichou!"

2 hours later

I was the third to reach the office with Kumo just behind me. We reported back and I flickered home. I took a shower; I always do that after a mission. You could say this is my quirk I guess? No matter the mission whether difficult or easy, once I was done reporting I always had to take a shower. I then substituted with my spy, dispelling her. I organize her memories before entering the Hatake's house.

Inside kakashi's house

"Sakumo-san I'm here!"

After a few minutes, Sakumo got downstairs; "Sora-chan how've you been? It's been sometimes since I last saw you. Looks like you have a chunnin chakra pool now."

"Yeah, I've been training non-stop. Have you already had dinner yet?"

For a second, he had this dark look on his face; "No not yet,...maybe later."

I nodded and walked towards the kitchen; "How about we cook together? I haven't helped you cook since kakashi's birthday. Speaking of him, I heard he'll come back from the chunin exam today. Let's cook his favorite food to comfort him, I doubt he'll be a chunnin." I said the last part jokingly.

He looked dazed at the mention of Kakashi and again this dark look appeared quickly. "Ok let's do that. Can't let him be too sad for not succeeding XD"

One hour later

Kakashi wasn't here yet. I asked my spy and it seems team Minato is gonna be resting there as Obito was badly hurt during the exam.

"He isn't coming right." I was a bit startled hearing Sakumo's voice.

A/N: Left side is Sakumo

"What. No of course he is, he is just late that's all."

"Don't lie to me Sora I know you planted spies over the village and some with people."

"How did yo-"

"I'm an elite Jonin Sora even if my skills have rusted I still have the experience and instinct."

I stared at him; "... He will be back tomorrow, Obito has an Internal injury and needs to rest."

He nodded while getting some plates; "Come on then, let's eat. I'll keep kakashi's part in the fridge."