Friends

One month later - 13 August year 2 - Training Ground

For one month, Kakashi and me have been training together.  We moved from Target training to sparing against each other with either kunai or just in term of taijutsu. Thanks to that I got to reach the next level in taijutsu. If its with Kunai he mostly win as I still haven't gotten a hang of them. But if it's with taijutsu I mostly win but I'm guessing it's only because I already had a basic level adapted to my body through the system. Though this enrage Kakashi to such a point - that someone not even in the academy can defeat him and I wouldn't let him hear the end of it whenever he lost. Gotta keep that ego in check ;P

I think we can call each others friends now. We talk after training about what he did at the academy or what I'm up to. He knows I'm an orphan and he talked about his dad though I haven't met him yet. I did visit his place a few times when his dad was out on missions. Kakashi is also 2 years older than me but I won't use the respectful terms with him; he did point it out a few times but since we had equal strength, and physically we had the same built and height, and, technically I AM older than him if you count my age back on Earth, he didn't bother with the formalities again.

Anyway a few times I picked him up from the academy when my spy told me his father was out. He acted a bit like kid Sasuke in the academy but he was still friends with the original casts; Gai, Asuma, Kurenai and all.

The first time we met was quite funny. I was waiting for him at the gates since I knew the academy was only half-day today. I was standing under a tree and the older students were out first. I saw Obito and Rin with Obito trying to give her some flowers that he obviously picked up from the playground somewhere. He was really pitiful. He couldn't even get a word out and was only blushing. Rin thought he was sick or something and went to check his temperature. Once she touched him, he passed out. No but he LITERALLY FAINTED. I was this close to fainting as well from laughing too much. Around the same time I noticed Kakashi's class was out so I ran towards him.

Well rather than "run" I shunshined and tackled him down. "My, my~ Kakashi I won again. You owe me a dango." I was jumping around when I felt a bit of K.I from Kakashi. Uh oh. With that Kakashi ran after me while throwing at me all the weapons he had on him. Maybe I went too far Teehee ;P It's a good thing no teachers/ninja were there and Hiruzen was in a council meeting right now so he couldn't spy on us. I dodge all of his weapons and I let him catch me cause we were starting to have an audience.

He tackled me down, jumped on top of me while holding my collar. "Sora!! I told you not to come here!" He said that while shaking my collar. "Hey, calm down, I was just picking you up in case you get lost." Sighing he got up, helping me up as well.

"Uh, Kakashi... Who's that?" said Kurenai. He just now realised that most of his classmates, especially his friends were watching him. Kakashi got embarrassed and moved slightly to stand behind me. It was a subtle movement, you would need to observed him intensely to realise that. I coughed a bit to return the attention on me. "Hello, I'm Sora Suguru, Kakashi's best friend." Kakashi made a face when I said that. I think they were all surprised to see the poker face Kakashi make THIS many expressions behind his mask. They introduced themselves and they were all so cute. We talked for a bit before their parents came to pick them up. Obito and Rin were among the crowd watching before since Kakashi IS pretty popular.

In the end only Kakashi, Obito and me were left on the playground. Obito was acting like he died because Rin waved goodbye at him. He truly is hilarious. I walked towards him and he seemed to come back to life.

"Hey! Do you want to have some dango with us? It's this guy's treat.", I said pointing at Kakashi. Obito looked at us weirdly before agreeing. On the way there Kakashi was pretty silent with Obito talking non-stop but he didn't look annoy with him. Afterwards, Obito returned to the Uchiha compound and we returned to the training ground. Like that, I slowly created a friendship between them. I sometimes invited Obito to train with us or for food. I wouldn't say they were friends now but at least they knew each other.