Chapter 38: Cousin

Blair

"Wow, this place is huge!" Lana said with a massive smile as we walked around the suite. I will say it's gorgeous, but I bet the rent is more than 5k per person.

"It's nice," I gulped, walking straight into the kitchen; my eyes shot up once I saw how beautiful and huge this kitchen was.

Not only is the suite huge, but it's a whole floor. How do I accept this? I've done nothing to deserve something like this...nice.

My favorite structure was the counters, made of white marble with gold and had a huge island on which you could serve a whole Thanksgiving meal.

And a good view of the city and ocean.

"So, um, how much in total?" I stuttered, tracing my hands over this rich structure. "It's 25k." I froze in place. Slowly, I gazed up at Macy with shock in my eyes.

Yes, I have enough money for a whole building, but there's no way in hell I'm spending it like water. "Okay," I giggled, licking my bottom lip as she smiled at me.

"You can tell your boss, Misha, I-"
"Holy shit Blair our rooms have a walk-in closet!" Lana interrupts me by shouting,
"You can tell your boss I will not-"
"You will; I already signed; all you need to do is sign the contract." Misha suddenly walks into the kitchen, holding a file with paper and a pen.

"Misha"
"Blair," He smiled, placing the files down on the island, "I'm not signing" "You will sign" "This is too much" "Sign the goddamn contract Blair" he snapped.

I glared him in the eyes as he handed me the pen. I bit my lower lip. Macy stared at me with a slight smile, and I folded my arms across my chest.

"You said 25k every month?"
"You're not paying a dime," Misha says with a sigh, "What?" Macy and I said at once, "Love, you're not paying a fucking penny when I'm around; Rune's building is only ten minutes away from here. He could visit more than five times a month."

"And you must not know me if you think I'm allowing you to raise Lana alone without me by your side." He grins, showing off his pearl-white teeth,

"First of all, Runes is her guardian, and she's just staying with me while he's busy working, and I think I'm doing perfectly fine-"

"BLAIR, OH MY GOD, THE BATHROOM HAS A HEATING TUB WITH A VIEW OF THE CITY!" Misha giggles and forces the pen into my hand.

"Sign. Now," Whatever, I don't need another twenty-minute argument with him again, so I give up and sign the contract. "Welcome to your new home, Blondie." I roll my eyes at his husky accent.

After a few hours, Misha assisted his workers in helping me bring Lana and my stuff to our new apartment.

I started unpacking while Lana ran around enjoying the new view. While I unpacked my clothes into my new walk-in closet, I overheard a knock on my door.

"I'll get it!" Lana shouted, pausing Taylor Swift from her speaker. "Who is it, Lana?" I shouted while I placed my dresses in a separate section.

When she didn't answer, I stopped and placed my dresses on the island in the walk-in closet. I paced out of my room and toward the front door and froze in place.

"Blair Ambrose" I took a deep breath and blink multiple times, Lana was gripping on the doorknob as she stared at me with confusion, "May I come in?" I felt the back of my neck hairs rises from her stare.

"Of course" I nod walking up to the door, "How rude of me, Vivian, Vivian Larson" She took a step inside holding her hand out for me.

She was only a few inches taller but not enough to meet my gaze, "I know" I nod not taking her hand, her smile fades as she placed her hand away "Okay I'll continue unpacking" Lana said shutting the door and speed walking down the hall toward her room.

"So I heard a little rumor going around," She said walking past me as she found herself on the living room couch, I followed behind still alarmed by her wicked present "You and my cousin" she smiled.

"Yes, seems like we decided to take our friendship to a new level" "Hm" She hummed, I sat down across from her, I knew the Larson family was intimidating but hell I felt her stare eating me alive.

Well, at least I know attitude and sass run in the Larson family, "Look, Vivian, I get it you don't like me because of my father, but the thing is..." I smirk looking up at her as her eyes filled with curiosity.

"I'm the one who has his blood in my hands"

Her smile fades away, then turns into a grin and her eyes filled with amusement, "And whys that?" She asked crossing her leg over her thigh.

"He took something that was mine,"
"Your mother?"
"Yes...but not something else"
"And that is?"

I gulped and stared her right in the eyes, "My dignity" No reaction, all she did was nod and break eye contact, "Your smarter than I thought, and belligerent" I don't smile nor do I give her a reaction.

"I like you, we might be able to get along after all," "Oh how exciting" I roll my eyes, she lets out a laugh and smiles bitting her lower lip, "I might seem like a nasty bitch to you, I'm not saying I'm not but..."

A pause as she analyzed me up and down, "I see you in myself, and I admire that but let's just get one thigh straight Ambrose, I care about my family and I-I love those idiots with the only love I have left"

Suddenly the thick air in the room deflated and my neck hair calmed down, "But if you hurt Misha, I won't hesitate to kill you," She smiled and stood up.

"Of course..." I nod sitting up with her, "It was nice meeting you Blair, hope we see each other again, in better circumstances" I slightly smiled not knowing if this was a good talk or not "But I should I get going I have 'business' to attend" and with that she let herself out my door.